What's new

Any thoughts on monitor audio speakers (1 Viewer)

dano582

Grip
Real Name
daniel barreto
I picked up a nice set at a local lawn shop for only 100.00 it came with a klipsch 10 sub and 5 monitor bronze series . I'm no sound expect but man do they sound great to me , great tight bass Crystal cleal highs . I cant believe I got this for 100.00

dano582

Grip
Real Name
daniel barreto
If I remember correctly I think b2 the boxes are in pretty good shape! I'll take some pics and post them . the only thing they have is there corner is a little split but not to bad . I had never heard of monitor audio before so when I first saw them I thought they were white van special so I didn't pay them to much mind but I figured the sub alone was worth 100.00

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Is the split all the way through, or just the veneer?

If through, you can remove the woofer(s) and add some glue on the inside. Add it in liberally and wipe up from the outside. I've had to do that to a pair of Polk S6 that had been used in a garage.

dano582

Grip
Real Name
daniel barreto
Its just the veneer its really not to bad at all and its only on one speaker . I really like how music sounds thru them for bookshelves I'm blown away I carver 5.2s in my room and they sound almost as good I wonder if I get a better receiver if they will sound better . I have a denon pushing them which only gives out 85 watts

dano582

Grip
Real Name
daniel barreto
That's where I have my laser disc player I know you said to just get a rf decoder but on Craiglist they are selling a denon 5700 for 150.00 which I think its a pretty good deal

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'd jump on that for $150.

If all else "fails in the future", you could use it as a bridge piece into another AVR. Overkill, yes...but you could do it.

It has pre-outs. (the way my mind works...there are ways to connect things nobody else would think of)

Found one on Ebay that has crappy pictures...but it looks as if it even has an 8channel analog input.

Connect your LD to the RF, connect a BD player to the 8channel for lossless audio.

Edit:
Well, this is interesting...

It has an 8channel input, but 2 of them are marked "effect left/right". Those have a corresponding effect pre-out. So you could set up another 2 channel amp and have 7.1 from BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks