What's new

Any thoughts on Kenwood DV-605 Progressive Scan DVD Changer? (1 Viewer)

JayDaniel

Stunt Coordinator
My local BestBuy has this on special for $137, and I have a 10% off coupon good thru today. That means I can get this thing for $123 + tax. It is regularly $199. It is a 5 disc progressive scan player that plays dvds, cds, cdr(w), and mp3. It has 54MHz/10-bit video dac, and 96kHz/24-bit audio dac.

I currently have an older Kenwood DVD player (DV402 or 403) that is built like a tank, and has never failed to play any dvd, even dirty, scratched rentals. So my experience with their DVD players has been very good.

Just wondering if anyone owns or has seen this player. Thanks.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I have the 605's big brother-- the dv-6050. While I was frustrated at first with some of the settings (especially the NR settings), I'm very pleased with the player now. I don't know if the 605 has the dcdi chip, but the 6050 does and adds dvd-a to boot.

It's a bit slow to initialize, but otherwise it is a champ with a VERY quick layer change. I picked mine up from Vanns for $300 a couple of months ago and have had no regrets.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

GaryWe

Auditioning
One of the things that caught my eye about the 6050 on Crutchfield's is that it supposedly will do random play on MP3 discs. Is that true?

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Gary,
I have no idea about any of its mp3 features. In fact, as far as audio goes, I only have one dvd-a disc. :b

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks