What's new

Any thoughts on a new game (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I'm looking to play a new game and was wondering if anyone out there had any recomendations. Because I just can't think of any.

it can be either PC or XBox. I would prefer PC though.

If it is on the XBOX it must be a 2 player cooperative, not a big fan of FPS, we are more into adventuring style games, like the Baulders Gate game and D&D Heroes. For single player games, racing style games, I really enjoyed Midtown Madness III.

On the PC these would be games more for just me, I enjoyed the C&C Series and Civ Series of games. I would say I really enjoy RTS and RPG style games. I recently saw D&D Dragonsheath and thought that might be good, but read some pretty bad reviews, and some good ones, the bad ones came from players mostly and the good ones from game websights, so its hard to tell what to believe.

Recent Games enjoyed on PC - Supreme Ruler, Axis and Allies, Everquest, NWN, CC Generals, CIV III, MOO3, Planetside, WarCraft III, Empire Earth II

Xbox - Flatout, PG2, Baulders Gate II, Heroes, Collin McCray Rally, Midtown Madness III

Flatout was recommneded by a friend, and it was OK, and it will be one of those games you play for a bit quite for a while than come back and play for a bit. Most racing games seem to be that way for me. But a game Like Civ III, its just plain addictive, I prob played that game for a year, than took a break for a few months than came back to it, not sure what it is about that one but it still draws me back. I would love to find another game like that.

Allan Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
I can't really give you any pointers on XBox titles, but based on your preference for strategy games I think you might enjoy Galactic Civilizations (www.galciv.com) quite a lot. It's an excellent 4X title and the upcoming sequel expands on practically everything found in the original.

In case you didn't know, Civilization 4 is out at the end of this month. You might want to wait for that as it looks really promising.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Go pickup XMen Legends 2 then. Great fun cooperative play with upto 4 players - similiar perspective/system to both Xbox games you mention.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
CIV IV!!! no I did not know that, great will wait and pick that one up, if its anything like the others I'm sure I will be grafted to the comp chair in no time.

Saw a preview for Xmen Legend a while back and didn't think much of it. Wife seemed to like the way it looked though. Will pick it up today.

Thanks a bunch for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks