Any Testament Fans in here??

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rhett_Y, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Hi all...

Just wanted to know if anybody has picked up there latests album, "The Gathering". This album freaking rocks..... It is probably the hardest Testament album out there... Chucks voice is incredable and the drums kick ass....thanks to Mr. Dave Lombardo... This album kicks some major ass..... If you haven't picked it up, go do it!!

R~

2. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

"The Gathering" is one of my all-time favorite metal albums and easily my favorite Testament album. I picked it up about 2 years ago, and it didn't leave my player for a long, long, long time. At the time, I was very angry that I waited so long to buy it. If their next album can come close to even half the quality of "The Gathering", it will still be a great album.

3. Bob Friend

Bob Friend Stunt Coordinator

Check out their "The New Order" album.

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Tha Gathering is one of my favorite metal albums ever. Testament played a club show in support of that album in Sac 4 years ago. The band signed my cd after the show; including Dave Lombardo [​IMG] Very nice guy.

I was in the front leaning on the stage. Watching Dave play is an experience. I dare you to try and keep your jaw from dropping when watching his feet doing his bass rolls. [​IMG]

5. Eric Peterson

Lombardo is definitely one of my favorite drummers.

Have any of you guys ever listened to Fantomas? They're one of my favorite bands and it consists of
    • Mike Patton (Ex. Faith No More) - Vocals & Keyboards
    • Trevor Dunn (Ex. Mr. Bungle) - Bass
    • Buzz Osbourne (Melvins) - Guitar
    • Dave Lombardo (Slayer,etc..) - Drums

I don't know what you could categorize them as, but they're kind of an avante-jazz-metal band. I've seen them live twice and Lombardo is amazing, especially in a small club setting. They're too small to have techs, so Lombardo is usually setting up his own kit if you get there early enough. He also sets his kit up at the side of the stage, so you can really see him play.

6. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Fantomas? Ill have to check them out.

7. Eric Peterson

Just a warning, that they're definitely not for everybody. You might want to check out a couple of MP3s first. I hate leaving reccomendations that make people angry![​IMG]

They've released three albums and each one is quite different.
    • Amenaza Al Mundo - Short Songs mostly under one minute in length and several that are just short bursts of craziness (Absolute Genius!!)
    • The Director's Cut - Theme songs from movies ranging from "The Godfather" to "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" - Excellent album!!
    • Delirium Cordia - This albums consists of one 60 minute track with long passages of near silence.

Their new albums is due out in the next few months and is supposedly going to be in the form of cartoon music. I can't freaking wait!!

8. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I was a huge fan of Testament from the time I discovered their album The New Order back in 1988. I liked it so much that I went back and bought the 1987 album The Legacy. With each and every new album they just got better and better. My absolute favorite album of theirs is probably The Ritual followed closely behind by Souls of Black. The song Legacy is still one of my all time favorites. They were still kicking ass when they released Low back in 1994.

Then something happened... they released the album Demonic. I don't know what they were thinking but I was bit shocked when I first popped it in the CD player. I honestly thought it was another band's CD that ended up in the Testament CD case. Anyway, once I realized it was actually Testament, I was a bit put off and never really listened to that album again.

I then saw the CD The Gathering a few years later and was hesitant to pick it up. I did so anyway and popped it in the player. To my surprise Chuck Billy took up singing again (my major issue with Demonic were the vocals) and all was well in the universe again. The music on the CD is some of their best ever.

It's strange that this thread should pop up now. I just broke out my Testament CDs yesterday for the first time in about a year or more... [cue Twilight Zone music here]

9. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

The New Order album has a great cover of Aerosmith's song Nobody's Fault.

10. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

I just picked up the gathering from reccomendations in this thread. What a great album. Nice to hear REAL metal instead of all the NU-metal stuff out there today. If you fans havent heard, annihilator has a new CD out "Just for you". Jeff waters is a HIGHLY under-rated guitarist. The vocals on the album range from VERY melodic (unusual for this band) to the very rough vocals fans have come to expect. You might also want to check out Tourniquet- thier most recent cds are incredible (Microscopic view of a telescopic realm and also Where moth and rust destroy- with guest guitars from Bruce franklin- Trouble and Marty Friedman - ex-magadeth). Enjoy!

11. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Andrew s wells

The new testament freaking rocks.... Glad you like it!!!

R~

12. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

This album was released in 99 I think.But its pretty decent.

Lombardo will always be a fav of mine. I saw Slayer in NYC in Nov and Dave L was amazing.

Does anyone know how Chuck is doing? Testament hasnt done anything in awhile, hows his treatment going?