What's new

Any Tesla fans out there? (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
If so, check out the new album "Into the Now". It's VERY solid. It has a very modern sound without sounding dated and "80's". It has a nice blend of hard rockers and mellow songs without being overly sappy on the ballads. Plus, it's recorded pretty well. I give these guys a lot of credit for coming out with a very solid album almost a decade after their last offering.

Check it out. If you like their first single "Caught in a Dream" you will like the rest of the album even though on a whole, the rest of the album rocks a bit harder than that one song.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Thanks for the review. I remember when their first album(vinyl) came out. After listening to it I started calling friends raving about how good it was, ahh the 80's.

I'll give their new one a try.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Big fan here although I rarely break out their stuff anymore. I will have to pick this one up. Thanks.

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I've been a huge fan of Tesla since the first time I heard Modern Day Cowboy on the radio. It blew me away and I've loved them ever since. I bought the new album the day it came out. After a few listens, I think it has some excellent songs. My favorites are Into The Now, Look @ Me, Heaven Nine Eleven, and Miles Away. The rest are still very good and will probably grow on me over time.

If you're a Tesla fan, you'll like this one. Go get it.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jerry

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I just picked up the new cd and think the songs are good, BUT the sound quality really sucks. You would think that a band who has been around for a long time would demand that the producers not compress the Sh%% out of their music. The cymbals don't sound anything like they should and don't image correctly. I just can't believe this sounds so crappy. I guess the main stereo is too revealing and the boombox will have to do.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
A buddy of mine who's always loved Tesla picked this up last week and has been disappointed so far. Says is just doesn't rock like their older stuff. Similar to current Aerosmith vs. classic Aerosmith, he said it sounds watered down.

Maybe it will translate better at the live show. These guys kick ass live. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks