What's new

Any Swan 6.1 owners in Northern VA area? (1 Viewer)

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to Home Theater in general. I would like to audition the Swan speaker systems before buying. I'm currently deciding between the Swan 6.1 systems with the rockets 750 systems. I've listened to the rocket systems already and I think I can live with it. But before I buy the rocket systems, I would like to give the Swan systems a try.

Rocket systems I listened to are Rockets 750 sig fronts, RSC 200, RSS 300 Rears.

I'm looking to compare to Swan 6.1 fronts or 5.2, Swan C3 center, Swan R3 rears.

thanks,
jbhungvt
p.s. I've tried audioenvy.com but no luck. There are some guys in my area..but they haven't responded.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
The 5.2s/2.1s bass response wont compare to the 750s (something you were asking about in the Swan forum). A sub is definately needed with these models.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
so if you get the swans, they cant stand alone? i thought these were good speakers.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
i think he's referring to the smaller swans. it depends upon how much bass you want, but, generally, no small speaker can "stand alone" very well, especially in a demanding ht-type setup.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
bump

No, sorry to get your hopes up Hung. Still nothing in northern Virginia. I just want wanted to add that there is a full set of rosewoods up on ebay (Minnesota only), complete with large pictures (and a hefty price). Search for item 5730718418.

Not to take away sales from Jon (sorry), but the photos alone should generate some added interest. There arent many [good] photos out there of the rosewood swans. In fact, I think I might even prefer those over my "black cherries".

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jake S,

If you cannot post anything constructive or helpful, please don't post.

Cees

Rob Kramer,

Thanks for the pics, I actually saw this yesterday already. They do look good. I wondered which looks better, Swans (Rosewood) or Rockets (Rosewood). I've been keeping an eye for Swans or Rockets on ebay...too bad they don't deliver...otherwise I might be interested.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Rocket rosewood seems to be a completely different color. The Rockets appear to be mostly red with a strong black grain. The Swans look to be more like a reddish oak, with a less pronounced grain. While they dont match each other, both are very pretty to look at - and listen to.

Its sorta like a hot chick with brains :D
(did I mention that my wife works at NASA)

hot chick w/ brains is a killer combo. If I could decide picking a good set of speakers easier than picking a hot chick w/ brains...it's a mute point isn't it?

I assume your wife is a hot chick w/ brains?:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks