Any SVS Plus vs. SVS Ultra comparisons yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Morris, Feb 2, 2002.

1. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Are Ultra buyers wasting their money? Can they get the same practical performance, or better(?), from the 16-46cs+ as they do from the Ultra?

Has anyone tested this yet???

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i dont think an SVS purchase will ever be considered a waste of money, especially due to a newer model. i was very happy with my 25-31PC, but i was looking for some more punch and more headroom down low, so i ordered a 16-46+ and S1000 package. that should keep me satisfied until maybe this summer, i mean, a few years! [​IMG]
    John, comparing the 46+ to the Ultra isn't really fair IMO. if you wanted to do comparisons, keep it even and have a 39+ / Ultra shootout. i know you own an Ultra and are considering moving to a dual 46+ package in exchange. just look at the numbers and decide for yourself: do you want the extra extension down low for those rare instances, or would you prefer the extra dB and sound quality where you'll tread the most? at 80% of the Ultra's performance level, the 46+ will save you ~$350 and get you a little lower extension, but if you watch movies frequently at reference level i cannot see how you'd think a 46+ will have the advantage over an Ultra.
    i might be missing something here, so please lmk if i am. both offer 'pluses' in different categories, balancing SPL, extension, and price-- just choose the one that suits your needs best. i just don't see how you would be wasting your money either way.

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    one more thing, John--
    just thought i'd let you know that your sig photos helped me convert a P&S freak last week. thanks for the quick OAR pics! [​IMG]

4. Kishu

Kishu Stunt Coordinator

I think the 16-46 CS+ should extend well below the ultras and come close to ultra's sonic performance.

John has a great question here and I hope you folks out there who have got 46CS+ subs can tell us your experience.

Cheers,

Kishore