Any SVS owners near Mobile, AL?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Anderson, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

I'm trying to decide between buying an SVS sub or possibly another expensive HT toy (which I won't go into just yet). However, it's a lot of money, and I think I'd be a lot more comfortable taking the plunge if I could hear one first. So, how about it? Anyone in my general vicinity up for an audition?

2. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

I second that question. I live across the bay in Daphne. [​IMG]
    Pete

3. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i'll third it since...mobile here too

kevin t

4. David Giles

David Giles Stunt Coordinator

I'm several hours away, but if any of you guys have an excuse to make a trip to central Alabama anytime soon, I'll be glad to give you a demo (dual 16-46CS+'s). I live in Clanton, which is right off I-65, and about 45 miles north of Montgomery.

David Giles

5. Ben Scott

Ben Scott Auditioning

Didn't know there were this many people in (or willing to admit they live in) Alabama. I'm in Birmingham.
    Alabama, Now with 30% more banjo music.

6. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

Heck, I'm in Foley and proud of it. If you've ever lived in Houston, L.A., Boston, NYC, etc., you'd know why!

There's nothing wrong with Alabama but a bad rap, and I hope the rap stays that way. Keeps the riff raff out!

Roll Tide

7. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

8. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I'm in Auburn here in Alabama going to college, I would love to hear an SVS too!!

9. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

Mr. Fisher,

Seems to me a "dead bear" had nothing to do with the last "Iron Bowl" score. :)

Braggin Rights....War Eagle? I think not, and it's been awhile..

Roll Tide

10. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Been a while seen when? Since we won the year before last 9-0? Don't brag about a team that can't even go to a bowl for 2 years for recruiting violations. Lets just be friends [​IMG] Who cares if we don't like the same college team, we can still both enjoy a great hobby.[​IMG]
    By the way, how did Auburn's terrible basketball team beat the 5th ranked Crimson Tide???

11. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

Well Paul,

Big time college football hasen't been "college" football for many years, all college's cheat every chance they get. ($$$$$) It's all KA-KA to me. They should all admit they're in the "minors", on their way to the pros and leave the lawyers out of it.

I don't follow basketball, so I wouldn't know how bad either team is.

At least we're both in Alabama, and at my age, it's all that matters. :) I've been away from home (Mobile) for 35yrs., and it's great to be back!

I'd sure like to hear a SVS.

12. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

13. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

Jeez... you can't even mention Alabama without an Alabama/Auburn debate! I went to University of South Alabama, so I don't give a rat's ass. Heh...

So I guess David in Clanton is the only person near here with an SVS? Hell, I guess I'll just roll the dice and order the 20-39CS+ next week then. It's bound to be better than my Polk PSW-350.

ALABAMA: OUR SISTERS KISS BETTER THAN YOURS

14. Daniel T

Daniel T Stunt Coordinator

I live in Birmingham and I want to tell all the Auburn and Alabama fans they must bow down to LSU. I am a transplant from Lousisana and it brings a smile to my face when I hear all the Bama fans crying because they were caught cheating. And for you Auburn fans, maybe ya'll went to the SEC championship last year but LSU did what ya'll couldn't do. Win the SEC championship then go to the Sugar and win that. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!

15. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

OK OK, I guess we can all agree that the SEC is the best conference in just about every sport, right??? That is something we should be able to agree on. [​IMG] I still want to hear an SVS sub.
    Jeremy-
    When you get your SVS just play it real loud and I should be able to hear it here in Auburn.
    Meaux,
    I'll take my signature off because I don't want to offend anybody. Go SEC!

16. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

17. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Lets see, where to begin, basketball (3 in top 10), football (4 teams in top 15), baseball (4 in top 20), golf (4 teams in top 10)...do you want me to keep going? I haven't even done womens sports yet.

18. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Paul. The "maggot" thing was a little too much, I wasn't "offended" by it though. (there's too many people bieng offended by anything these days)

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm tempted to move this thread to After-Hours.
    FYI: I grew up in Mobile, did my K-12 schooling in Mobile before leaving there for college. I definitely don't miss the humidity! [​IMG]

20. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

good idea Patrick
    [​IMG]