Any SVS owners in Southern California?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Phuong, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Phuong

Phuong Stunt Coordinator

Hi, everyone. I'm a proud owner of an Hsu VTF-2 that I will giving to my friend as a wedding gift. It's been used in my 10' x 14' apartment living room for the last three years, and obviously giving up my sub affords me the chance to get something better for a little more money.

I'm leaning towards the SVS tubes under $1000 (probably either the 20-39 PCi or PC+, but have not heard any (only the PB12-ISD). Are there any SVS tube owners in LA or Orange County willing to offer a demo of their system?

For those who don't live nearby, any comments on the differences between the SVS tubes and how they compare to the VTF-2 of PB12-ISD would also be greatly appreciated. I'm a 50/50 home theater/music guy who watches all kinds of action and drama movies and listens to hip hop, R & B, jazz, and ethnic Vietnamese music. I already own NHT SuperOnes for the fronts mated to an Onkyo SR500 receiver.

Peace.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I owned the PB-10 and the VTF-2 at the same time. Above 25Hz, they are very close, but below that the PB-10 still had a lot of output. The tube subs won't have any problem exceeding the VTF-2. The 20-39 should be plenty for a room that size.

3. Johnal

Johnal Stunt Coordinator

Johnal
    wOOt -- Costa Mesa! [​IMG] I'm rollin with the PC_Ultra though.

4. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
    I just got my 20-39PCi (yesterday) and all I can say is WOW. I was giggling like a schoolgirl! You can't be disappointed by this sub.