What's new

Any SVS owners in SoCal willing to demo? (1 Viewer)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I have a good friend who is looking to purchase 2 surround speaker systems in the near future, I have been telling him all about SVS, however I fear he won't buy into SVS without having heard them...
Are there any proud owners willing to demo one for him? We are both relatively trustworthy :), I work for LAPD and he is a digital effects artist for a company that does film, tv, music videos, etc.
------------------
sig.jpg

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
It seems like every time I see a post looking for a demo, they are always in Kentucky or Texas or something :)
Yay for Califonia!
I'm in the SF bay area, if you don't find anyone down there and are in for a road trip, lemme know.
Sean

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Well, if you don't find anyone in LA (I'm sure that you will) I am down south a bit in Carlsbad (about 30 miles north of San Diego)
I have a single 20-39PC SVS, but I can still shake the walls of my apartment. :)
If you can't find anyone up there, maybe we can work something out.
-Sean
P.S. telling your friend that an SVS 20-39 can go all the way to 20Hz in the AVIA test sweep at volumes so loud as to make your vision blurr may help to persuede him. The ultras are even more powerful than my model (about twice as powerful)
Ron and Tom offer great money back service too. I have no doubt that your friend will be thrilled if he goes with SVS.
But if he still ain't buying ...I can demo some 'Titan AE' that will throw his feet off the ground a couple of inches, (sound waves rolling through my floor) and then we'll see what he thinks.
[Edited last by Sean Oneil on September 17, 2001 at 02:23 AM]

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Wow, thanks for the offers guys! I do hope someone in LA proper answers up, I am not sure I can talk him into the trip required for a demo at either one of your places, but I sure appreciate the offers!
------------------
sig.jpg

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I LOVE showing off my single 16-46PC to anyone who cares to listen! I live in Loma Linda, about 60 miles east of LA. Just tell me when and I'll warm up the system...
Pieter
[email protected]
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom. Updated Sep 17.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Just an FYI for LA locals:
The HTF National Meet is going on in LA and we are having a Goodbye Dinner on September 29th. Due to cancellations, we have 4 open spots. $30 a person, paid in advance. Email me for details. Awesome door prizes, including an SVS sub, Outlaw Audio receiver, Better cable Gift certificates, and a bunch of DVDS. :)
Gregg
[email protected]
------------------
The Sonodome
The Newest Sonotube
Gregg's DVDs
The Family Units

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,
sorry you missed the movie night we had recently at my place. I would be happy to give you a demo of my single 20-39PC. E-mail me and we can set something up.
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Rin,
Thanks for the offer! Depending on if he is suitably impressed at the Beverly Garland demo, I may take you up on that offer, I really hope he goes with an SVS since I can't afford one at the moment... and he lives nextdoor!
biggrin.gif

Hopefully, I will catch the news about your next movie screening in time to participate!
------------------
sig.jpg

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Pieter
I'm interested to hear the SVS sub,I sent you a private massege.
------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks