What's new

Any SVS Owners in Houston, TX willing to demo? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Please just name the time and place and I'll be there with anything you want from starbucks. :)

Johnny

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
From your signature shouldn't you be on your way to support a retail store and not trying to hear a consumer direct product?

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Chris... Based on all the positive feedback for SVS on these forums over the years, I would hardly think SVS to be a "shady internet dealer" that sells discounted "b-stock" merchandise... I've already demo'd the SCII at a brick and mortar.

Not all brick and mortar salesmen are knowledgeable, not all internet e-tail dealers on bizrate.com etc are shady...

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
My apologies. Is Audio Concepts the only decent Hi-Fi store here in Houston? Is there some hidden gem I'm not finding?

BTW- I'm all consumer-direct and factory authorized refurbs to the de-lite of my pocket book and ears. And no I haven't wasted any sales persons' time just to buy elsewere. I have had my time wasted out at All Star though. Love the CS from Jenny(?) at Sound World. Dis-like the set-up and poor service from others there.

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
hell... it looks like I'll be demoing to myself... as I plan to take the plunge and just get myself a PB1-ISD...

Was debating between price/usage/need to have more...

Choices were PB1-ISD and PB2-ISD...

Room is 13x14... in the end Tom told me all i needed to hear.

In this type of room, the PB-1isd will extend down to the 18-20hz range and offer a clean 112-118dBs of bass. The PB-2isd (set to 20hz mode) will extend down to the 16-18hz range and offer an additional 3-5dBs of headroom(clean output capabilities). Both models will likely sound nearly identical to you...up until the PB-1isd approaches its clean output limits. At that point, the Pb-2isd will still have some headroom left so it will give you a more effortless/dynamic feel to the presentation. So if you will occasionally want to demo the system at/near reference levels, the PB-2isd would be the way to go.

I don't get to reference level very often (gotta protect hearing and not put cracks in drywall :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks