Any suggestions Onkyo TX-SR600, Marnantz sr6200, outlaw 1050>

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChadLB, May 10, 2002.

1. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

All get be bought for 499 + S&H or less. Has anyone done comparisons between the three.

How many people can say thay would take PL II over regular prologic.

Main differences:

Outlaw has(Onkyo doesn't) pre amp outs, seems to be built better, most people say 65w/channel is enough and beats out those that list at 100/channel.

Onkyo has(Outlaw Doesn't)

PLII, Cinema Filter, Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES , B speaker outputs, new feature 192kHz/24-bit DACs for greater resolution front speakers only, WRAT Wide Range Amplifier Technology (10Hz – 100kHz bandwidth)

I have been able to listen to the new Onkyo and it does sound nice...I think it depends on what one wants

2. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Don't you ever miss one of the main featuers of the sr600, component switching (50mhz bandwidth). It's the reason I'm buying it instead of keeping my harman kardon avr120.

-ELmO

3. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

Have you considered the Yamaha HTR-5560/RX-V630 ?

It does DD-EX, DTS-ES, DPII, and has pre-outs for all channels. Any many here love the sound of Yammies. As for build quality, it also ranks at the top.

4. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

PL 2 is a definite improvement. Plus, the Circle Surround on the Marantz is almost like an "enhanced" PL 2. 90% of the time I prefer it. On 10% of material it sounds overdone, at which time I revert to PL 2.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I would definitely take PLII over DPL, however, I basically NEVER use it. I also agree that CS5.1 is better than PLII most of the time.

Music was my deciding factor for the 6200. Simply better than anything in it's price range for music (that I've heard, I have not heard the Outlaw). It has all the features and more than I needed, and plenty of power. 6.1, PLII, CS5.1, multi channel analog input, pre-outs, etc...

I also haven't listened to the SR500 or SR600, but I have listened to the TX-DS595, and was pretty impressed, so I'd expect the 500 and 600 to be as good or better.