Any suggestions on hiding big screen!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricH, Oct 29, 2001.

1. EricH

EricH Auditioning

I NEED to hide all equipment. Behind furniture of course. Does anyone have suggestions or links to sites or perhaps their own setups that I might look at. My home is very "country" looking and this equipment would stand out like a sore thumb. Please help me. Thanks.

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Are you talking big screen RPTV, or do you mean big projection screen? If the latter the most easily implemented solution that I can think of is a retractable model that rises or drops on command (or via 12V trigger from projector power up). If the former you could either build the RPTV into a cabinet of sorts and close the doors when not in use (preferably ones that slide back into the cabinet itself).
    ------------------
    --Jay
    "No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
    My Home Theatre Pictures...
    "You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What equipment do you have or are condisering getting, also what is the budget.
    If you do not have, and you also can spend a little more, then a motorized screen is an option. Also, if you are able to mount an overhead projector either behind a panel so as to hide it, or sit it atop a high cabinet, or hide above the ceiling, it can also be out of view. Then there's the speakers......
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's