Any suggestions on an amp to power 4 25W Bass Shakers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by George_W_K, Jun 20, 2003.

1. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    I don't have an old receiver lying around or anything like that and I was wondering what anybody else is using if they have these?

For those that don't, they are rated @ 25W at 4 Ohms.

Any suggestions so I can shake my couch to death? [​IMG]

As alway, thanks for the tips,
    George

2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

With the bass I heard from your 20-39 PC+ SVS a couple of weeks ago, you don't need bass shakers!![​IMG]

3. Colin Goddard

Colin Goddard Stunt Coordinator

George,

I have a Yamaha receiver at 75 watts per channel at 8 ohms driving 4 bass shakers(25 watts per channel).

2 bass shakers are wired to the left main channel and the other 2 to the right main channel. With the volume at about 3/4, they have no problem shaking loose a few of my "fillings"[​IMG]

I have a SVS 16-46 sub im my system that I use with the shakers. Be prepared to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colin

4. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Alan, Alan, Alan, with Bass Shakers installed in my couch, I can fall asleep on those sleepy nights![​IMG]

Hey Colin, are you using the receiver in stereo mode, or feeding each pair 75W/2?

George

5. Colin Goddard

Colin Goddard Stunt Coordinator

George

Each pair gets 75W/2. Thats seems to be enough watts in my system.

I was surprised how much of a difference [good] it makes when watching movies, although I've read were some people turn them down or off when listening to music.

Since you don't already have a receiver, you might want to look into buying a sub woofer amp. Do a 'search' for bass shakers, there should be lots of good info there.

Have fun, Colin

6. Kevin McCurdy

Kevin McCurdy Stunt Coordinator

I've been wanting to try this but was always concerned by the max wattage spec of the Bass shakers being rated at 25 watts.

I have 2 extra 110 watts (@ 8 ohm) channels from my HK Signature 2.1 that aren't being used. I wanted to use one of the channels to drive 2 shakers. Would that be too much for the Bass Shaker?

I now see Parts Express sells the Pro version Bass shaker that's rated at 50/75Watts max @ 4 ohm's. What I thought I could do is wire the 2 shakers in serial to get an 8 ohm load, but I'm still concerned by the wattage spec.

I just don't want to have the bass shaker meltdown and take my amp with it, any suggestions?