What's new

Any suggestions for songs to test new speakers! (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Ok im 2 days away from getting my first set of (decent) speakers. I've just bought Paradigm Monitor 7's, heard them in the shop and loved them so cant wait to get'em home! I'm running a Yammy RX496, hope it sounds ok..got some monster bi-wire too :)
SOoo...i was wondering if folks here could give me some suggestions for tunes to make me weep like a giddy school girl. I heard Private Investigations on them at the store and guitar sounded awesome! I'm pretty open so genre doesnt matter, just want WOW material..Thanks guys

Patrick++

Auditioning
my big thrill when i got my speakers (and sub) was to put in my favorite few cd's and just be amazed at how much better they sounded... it was like hearing them for the first time again. and i only have titans and a modest pioneer receiver :emoji_thumbsup:

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Dave Matthews, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Radiohead, Oasis, Sheryl Crow, Tool, Rusted Root,

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
California Guitar Trio is always a good one for crisp guitar sounds that go great with good speakers. Bela Fleck (especially his solo "Tales from the Acoustic Planet"), Beck's "Mutations", Paul Simon "Rhythm of the Saints", Pat Metheny, Bjork is always good for a lot of clear, varied sounds in one song and for testing bass sounds as well - especially the song "Hunter" from the album "Homogenic".

brad cook

DavidNighorn

Stunt Coordinator
Sheryl Crow - "Weather Channel" from C'mon, C'mon
Dianna Krall - The Girl in the Other Room (Title track)
Lyle Lovette - Step Inside This House (The entire cd)
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
Shawn Colvin - Cover Girl ("Saturday Night")
Bob Schneider - Lonleyland (Good for separation and imaging)

David

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue Particualrly the track Nardis (track 11)

Loreena McKennit's Live in Paris/Toronto is awsome demo material.

Diana Krall - Live in Paris DVD in DTS.

:emoji_thumbsup:

micah bjj

Stunt Coordinator
I like the Kill BIll SOundtrack. Has many different sounding songs. ALl kinds of pitches, sounds, and anything you would want.

But then again when I first saw Kill Bill I wanted the sountrack right away...maybe its just me.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Indeed. Whatever you listen to is what you should use. Sure there are reference tracks and all, but the best reference is what you're going to usually be listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks