What's new

any strange/funny things happen to you on halloween? (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
in the spirit of halloween (and the fact that I'm home sick and really bored) I'll start.
I got shot on halloween when I was a kid, in 4th grade. It really wasn't a big deal, I was out hunting pheasants with my dad and a good friend of his and somehow I managed to catch a ricochet right in the eyebrow, so I had to drive into town for xrays, then to a larger town for a quick surgery to fish it out and remove it. The whole experience is still worth a hell of a guilt trip I've been saving up for use at a later date :D
it's amazing how much you bleed, even from such a small hole (I think it was 20ga #6 shot IIRC)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I awoke this morning to find my car had been egged last night. :angry: It washed off and didn't hurt the paint (luckily), but it still pisses me off that sume punk has to get their chuckles from throwing eggs at other peoples' property.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
lucky you, my flight instroctor's roommate got his truck borken into last night. My roommate got her driver's side window busted out a couple weeks ago, they didn't take anything but a new window still runs 170 bucks.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This morning at school we did a special Halloween Edition of the morning announcements over the TV system. We had special lighting, special effects, a new opening, a new credits sequence, pretty much everything was made specially for today. The hosts even dressed up quite nicely. Near the end of the show, we turned on the fog machine to make the strobe effect we were using even cooler for the credits. Unfortunately, that set off the smoke alarm (not fire alarm, just smoke alarm) which meant the whole school was evacuated. The funny thing was, they didn't know if there was or wasn't a fire because it wasn't a drill, so EVERYBODY in the school was standing outside in 33 degree weather. They had to move us into the gym because it was too cold. We wasted most of the class period waiting to be sent back to class.

Needless to say, all of us involved with the morning announcements were laughing our asses off. Right after the alarm went off and before we evacuated, two teachers who are in charge of the Renaissance program at our school (it's like the "Science/Math/Etc. Student of the Month" stuff) came to give all the kids involved with the morning announcements nomination papers for the "We Make a Difference" award. Perfect timing. After we got back in, we had a little party in the studio, so I even got out of my first period class.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Many years ago I was dressed up as Alex from a clockwork orange.
It was about 4am in a desolate part of SOMA and we were looking for a party in an abandon factory and I hear someone scream "HEY ALEX". I turn around and see this Porsche floor it and a guy pops out of the sunroof with a M16.
As it speeds by me he shoots me with water and screams TRICK OR TREAT.
The only time I was more scared is when a girl had a costume of two big pieces of Bread and not much else.
I asked her if she was a cheap piece of meat? She was not amused.

Janna S

Second Unit
A little of both. The doorbell kept ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing . . . .:)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This year is the first year I didn't have any candy on hand for the trick or treaters, because the last few years I got ZERO kids coming to the door. Naturally, 20+ kids showed up within about 10 minutes of eachother.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
so EVERYBODY in the school was standing outside in 33 degree weather. They had to move us into the gym because it was too cold. We wasted most of the class period waiting to be sent back to class.
33 degrees? Are you kidding? That's practically shorts weather here in Minnesota! Sheesh...you guys don't know cold. Try 50 below zero. Then you know cold.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
33 degrees? Are you kidding? That's practically shorts weather here in Minnesota! Sheesh...you guys don't know cold. Try 50 below zero. Then you know cold.
sheeeeeeeeeeeiit. unless you live up by international falls you dunno cold down there. It was 13 here the other morning already :frowning:

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Cold??? You call THAT cold?????

When I was a kid I had to walk to school 10 miles each way, uphill, through 40 foot snow drifts, with 100 mile per hour winds, in 460 degrees below zero temperature, NAKED!!!!

Talk about cold!!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that we're used to almost 95 degree weather one the hottest days of the summer here in good ol' Joisey. The thing is, we were all outside without coats or anything, and have you seen what some kids wear today? Practically nothing at all! Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks