Any stores reflect the 'Nightmare on Elm Street Collection' price drop yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Lutter, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

The Nightmare on Elm Street Collection boxset recently had a price drop (I believe $130 to $105). My question, anyone find a place that has it for the new price? I cannot find one at a reputable dealer(don't say PlayCentric [​IMG] ).
    [​IMG]

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    It's still that high? I got mine at Best Buy a couple years ago for $89.99 (regular tagged price). BestBuy.com shows it for $94.99 w/free shipping. Deep Discount DVD has it for $90.58 shipped, as well.

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Rob:

I don't want to derail your thread, but I'm wondering the same thing about the recent price drop in the Rodgers and Hammerstein titles (Oklahoma & South Pacific, e.g.). Can't find the price drop reflected at any B & Ms.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

In either case, have you actually taken the box set up to the cash register and said "could you do a price check on this for me? I saw on the studio's website that it had a markdown recently, and this price doesn't reflect it."
    I have done that with even the biggest chains (including BB and CC), and miraculously a week or two later the price drops are reflected in the computer and on the packaging.
    Sometimes they just have to be told to look. Other times they have to be told they won't get away with ignoring the lower SRP. [​IMG]
    In any case, Christmastime is the usual time when retailers pay close attention to box sets of any media type, be it movies, music, books, or whatever. So after Halloween you will probably see prices on this stuff corrected.
    While we're on the subject of box sets: Everyone keep in mind that, per my post in the Software section, Fox has announced that the Alien Legacy box set is being retired on 1/31/03. Presumably to make way for a new box set that includes the 5-star edition of Alien, but who knows for sure?

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

6. Adrian_S

Adrian_S Second Unit

I just purchased the box set from Playcentric.com for 49.92 (used a 1.50 Coupon) and it's great, it includes the all the movies plus the bonus disc, and the 3D glasses.
    It's listed fro 59.15 at the moment.
    I buy from this e-tailer every two or three weeks. It's a good deal and they ship on time, and fast (as long as it's in stock).
    Here is the exact link I used:
    http://www.playcentric.com/DVD/produ...D&dept_id=1004
    Use this coupon PLAY0350 for $3.50 off.
    Hope this helps...
    Adrian_S

7. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

It was supposed to have dropped to $89.99 retail over a year ago.I remember vividly.Wonder what happened?
    hrm...

8. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

The Rodgers & Hammerstein box set should be $79.99 at Best Buy now, if that makes any difference . . .