What's new

Any Steven Wilson fans out there? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
What an incredibly versatile and talented musician....he alternaterly fronts about six or seven different bands/projects, including

PORCUPINE TREE

NO MAN

BLACKFIELD

BASS COMMUNICATION

and others

...to say nothing of his solo work, and it is of that I wish to speak.

I received an advance copy of his latest solo CD, titled HAND. CANNOT. ERASE. It's his finest solo work so far, in my opinion, and that's saying a lot. There are some gorgeous melodies and the mood is generally more mellow than hard, but there are still passages of experimentation and several tracks that are progressive in nature.

If you are a fan, you will already have this album by now. If you don't, check iTunes for samples.

Great stuff!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Oh yeah, I hear the new record is fantastic. But I still have to get the last one!

Storm Corrosion is cool too, and while he's not technically a member of Opeth, he's been very involved with them.

I remember one time at NEARFest, we had breakfast in the hotel at the table next to him the morning after his show. I think we talked, but don't remember the details. :)

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
Just starting to check him out. Raven That Refused to Sing was amazing. Some of his other stuff ... not sure yet. He's got a pretty varied catalog, which I like in an artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks