What's new

Any Stag an Doe games you like? (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I am looking for games to play for my brothers upcoming stag and doe. We have 50/50 draws and a card game where cards are pinned on a board face down. you right your name on a card and if your card has winner writing on the other side you win 50% of that draw($26). and we also have a putting game.

Anybody have anyother games they liked or was a good money maker? Any help is appreciated :emoji_thumbsup:

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Don't want to sound dumb, but what is a Stag and Doe? I know deer, but I don't think that is the meaning. Is that like a bachelor party?

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Whatever happened to the idea that a host throws a party and provides entertainment and refreshments without trying to extort money from the guests?

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
This is like a bachelor and a bachelorette party at once. It is a colaboration of music, food and lots drinking. It is a fundraiser before a wedding. You sell tickets have games and prizes. We rent a hall and the whole bit. Food is free but drinks are not.

The wedding reception on the otherhand is where we provide entertainment and refreshements and not extort money from the guests. The procedes of course came from the stag and doe.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Whatever happened to the idea that a host throws a party and provides entertainment and refreshments without trying to extort money from the guests?"

That's called a wedding reception!This is an excuse for guest to get together for a party in honour of the wedding couple. Many of the guests aren't going to the wedding, but they show up to help the Bride/Groom by "donating" a few buck to the cause.

I was Lucky enough to give organize both food AND music, AND DJ the Jack and Jill for my buddy. I also had to organize a stag for him too. It was way to much work, and you don't get to enjoy it at all.

Most best men I've spoken to don't ever want organize them again after the first time.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks