Any speaker suggestion for Onkyo TX-NR801?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DarrenB, Apr 11, 2004.

1. DarrenB

DarrenB Extra

I will be getting my new Onkyo TX-NR801 tomorrow and am looking for a little advise for some new speakers. Currently I have an older Bose sub /sat setup and know that I will not be happy with them as I have a new reciever and will want speakers upgraded as well. Any suggestions would be great.

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Take your favorite DVD/Music cd and go speaker shopping. Only your ears can tell you what you will like.

Do you have a price range?

Many recommended:
    Paradigm
    B&W
    Dali
    Dynaudio
    Usher
    Polk Audio
    Infinity
    Klipsch

Online companies:
    Axiom, Rockets, Asperion, ascend, Swan

3. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I have Boston Acoustics VR-M60s, M50s VRC centre and PV900 mated to Integra DTR 6.4 (gussied up Onkyo 701) and they sound fantastic to me. However, follow Chad's advice: bring your own music/films and PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!!!!!!

Good luck.

4. DarrenB

DarrenB Extra

Michael,

Yes, the room is open to the kitchen and also has large arched openings to the hallway. The floorplan is very open so there is not much choice in the matter. I'll check out the rocket system but in reallity they just want some added sound for this larger room. My sister-in-law likes the Bose thing but I have steered here away from this option from personal experiences. To me, from the reviews the HSU system seemed pretty reasonable. By the way, what is the cost of the rocket system? Guess I'll find out when I research but give me a ball park figure until I can check it out.

Thanks,

Darren

5. DarrenB

DarrenB Extra

Please ignore last reply. I accidently put it in the wrong thread.

Darren