Any site for info on Boxed Sizes for RPTVs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Morris, Jun 30, 2001.

1. John Morris

John Morris Guest

After reading a few threads on folks being unable to get their new RPTV through the door, and being in the market for a new on myself, I am wondering if there exists any site or place where I can find the crated/boxed sizes for the following RPTVs:
    Toshiba 65H80
    Toshiba 55H80
    Sony 61HS10
    Philips 60pp9601
    When I buy my new RPTV I want it delivered into my front foyer in the box so that I don't have to remove the box outdoors in the possible rain. I also want to save the box till I have a chance to test the set and decide that I am keeping it for good.
    Anyone have this info, or know where to get it?
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc

2. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

I don't remember the exact size of the box (I have a 65H80), but there is one thing to consider about bringing it into the house still in the box. Unless your ceilings are very high, you will not be able to just lift the box over the top of the TV. You will have to cut away the box, which would be alot more hastle than just unboxing it outside.

3. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Thanks Jesse, but my ceilings are 22 feet high in my entryway and my family room where the RPTV will go, so I don't think I'll have a problem removing the box. But I bet alot of folks don't consider the height needed to remove the box and kick themselves afterward. My concern is just getting it through the front door(36" wide) in the box.
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc

4. Aaron Arzoumanian

The Toshiba 65h80 is 33 inches wide and 67 inches tall in the box.
    Hope this helps.
    Aarn
    ------------------