What's new

Any Shot Of In Bruges On Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Always thought it was fishy that this high-profile (and, ultimately, Academy-Award-nominated) release went SD only. I know there's a region-free -- and extras-free -- Swedish import, but will Universal ever put this out? It's such a fantastic film.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I hope they will. This was my favorite movie of 2008 (well, aside from Rambo). I would jump at the chance to get this Blu-ray. In fact, I won't be getting this until it see a Blu release.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
'In Bruges' won an Oscar? I know it was nominated for a screenplay award, but those went to 'Milk' (original) and 'Slumdog Millionaire' (adapted).

Great film. Would love to see it hit BD myself.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I bought the Swedish Nordic version which plays fine on my BD35. It was available on Amazon.com for a short time. Shipping was delayed for a few weeks but I eventually received it.
Great picture quality and it has a master audio track which is no slouch either.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member

This is what happens when you don't proof posts you make before you go to bed! Sorry about that! It's been changed to "nominated."

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I imported the Scanbox In Bruges Blu. It's very nice and this was the import Amazon was going to carry but pulled. Supposedly they only shipped about 400 copies. The distributor who supplies Amazon w/ those imports posted on another forum that it was pulled at the request of Universal. They felt it was a sign of an impending domestic release. I love the movie so I couldn't wait.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

Oh trust me, I've been there FAAAAARRRR too many times myself!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks