Any Schlocktropolus sightings yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gavin K, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Gavin K

Gavin K Stunt Coordinator

I've been waiting to pick up Schlock, and can't find it anywhere locally, (Dallas, TX).
    I wouldn't expect the major chains to have such an obscure title, but Border's usually has a good selection of Anchor Bay titles. Not even the collector's and specialty stores seem to have gotten any in. And Amazon still states that the release date has not been finalized, but most other sites list is as shipping immediately.
    Does anyone know what's up?
    I guess I'll have to go ahead and order it online. Oh, well, I've waited this long.
    ------------------
    "Wow, what a dramatic airport!"

2. LARUE

LARUE Stunt Coordinator

Have you seen it? I've never been much of a Landis fan and this sounds worse than usual.
    LARUE
    edit: I did love Animal House though.
    [Edited last by LARUE on August 23, 2001 at 02:53 AM]

3. Gerard Priori

Gerard Priori Stunt Coordinator

I ordered online and I received an email confirmation telling me that the title has shipped. I've seen the movie years ago and it is indeed a "bad" film, but it is unusual and goofy fun even though much of the humor falls flat.
    -Jerry

4. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

I am also in the minority who have actually seen this film. When I was a kid, my father found it in a bargin bin at a mall store. I watched it many times - as silly as it was. I have been trying to decide if I should actually get this. I'll tell you this - if this can be put on DVD, I can think of many others that should be released. How about Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother.
    Stefan Antwarg

5. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

It's silly, but it's pretty fun, I've got to say. My review of it is up at Digitally Obsessed. Nice extras and a beautiful transfer.
    ------------------
    "This movie has warped my fragile little mind."