Any sales figures on Green Acres?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark To, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

How has this done? Will we see some more seasons? Also, maybe Petticoat Junction? That would be nice, at least the b/w episodes and maybe up to season 4, first Meredith McRae season. Show kind of fell off after that when Bea Benederet got sick. But early episodes were pretty good. I know, different distributors and Paramount has about 1,000 shows we want to see released.

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Green Acres was doing pretty well on Amazon.com for awhile, that's not the best indicator of how it is doing overall but it is an encouragement. Fact is studios don't make those salesfigures public, they don't announce how many sets they'd need to sell to produce a second season, but I'd be shocked, if Green Acres season 2 was not released because of poor season 1 sales. It was a pretty cheap package, which also means it was a little bit less expensive to produce which works in its favor.

3. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Since MGM is offering very little else in terms of TV on DVD product, I would join Casey in being very surprised if season 2 doesn't get the go-ahead.