What's new

Any rumours of FIREFOX on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
It aired the other night on TBS and I found the quality lacking to say the least. The Pan & Scan was horrible, not surprising since it's 2.35:1, and the audio was so "hissy" that it was hard to understand at times.
While people's feelings are mixed on this film, I have fond memories of seeing it in the theatre in my youth. A well rendered version of Craig Thomas' wonderful novel, not to mention that it was produced, directed and stared Clint Eastwood.
This movie deserves an SE DVD, but alas, it's a title hiding somewhere in the Warner library. I hope the film elements are intact and have held up long enough for it to be worth ($$) the effort for Warner in the near future.
Perhaps something to bring up at the chat.
icon14.gif

------------------
lexx.jpg
"May his merciful Shadow fall upon you."
My HT Equipment | My DVD List
[Edited last by Mike Gariepy on August 29, 2001 at 09:04 PM]
[Edited last by Mike Gariepy on August 29, 2001 at 09:05 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Indeed we should bring it up at the chat.
Keep in mind, though, that WB just got around to announcing a Dirty Harry box set, which is a much bigger property overall. Now that they're bringing THOSE Clint films to us on DVD (in November), then maybe the way is cleared for FireFox - one of my all-time favorites! - for perhaps next year?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks