What's new

Any rumour / news about new HD DVD players for Xmas? (1 Viewer)

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
The ones that are not Toshiba or Toshiba-based, of course. I'm too leery in buying another Toshiba product because I've never had any good experience with Toshiba DVD players and recorders.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder

Sanyo and possibly LG should eventually come out with HD-DVD players of their own, but before Christmas? I'm not sure.

I can understand your reluctance to buy the player if you've had bad experiences with a certain brand. My bad experiences with electronic products have come from Panasonic, so I tend to stay away from them.

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
It's funny that some people have bad luck with certain brands. With me I've had 100% failure rate with multiple Samsung HD RPTV and 10% failure rate with multiple Toshiba DVD players and recorders. Toshiba TV, on the other hand, I've had no problem whatsoever.

The same goes with my Panasonic DVD-A300 DVD player (bought in march 1997). It doesn't play recordable media, but it plays all DVDs without a hitch. Not even a single repair was needed.

Enough babbling. I just find people experiences can vary so much and it's so amuzing to read these stories.

PS: thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try LG. or hopefully a universal player by Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks