What's new

Any Robotech/Macross fans out there??? (1 Viewer)

nate n

Stunt Coordinator
I have always enjoyed the series eversince I was young. Still waiting for the day the make a real movie out of it. A trilogy would be awesome. Better than a lot of the other garbage movies I see out there getting released. I guess I'll just have to settle for the game coming out on xbox and ps2.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
My son is a fan, and I just got 11 & 12 for him last week. I also see that 13 & 14 will be the last two.

Anyway, I've become sort of a fan wile watching them, and it has truly been amazing. I've really enjoyed watching them and seeing the changes from season to season. I think I want to watch the 1st disk over again after we finish just to see how it all started again. Shit, I may end up watching the whole thing over again.

Glenn

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They aren't season to season. It's 1 season, and 3 different shows thrown together to fill a syndication bill

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Armored Calvalry Southern Cross

Genesis Climber Mospeada

You will soon be able to order the single volumes of the unbutchered and fully restored Macross from AnimEigo, properly subtitled, uncut, and with the original music, SANS that banshee Reba West and the crappy songs they made for her to sing.

ADV will be making Southern Cross and Mospeada available subtitled soon enough, watch the real show, and you'll find some very different messages, a much more mature script, and people who can actually sing and act.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Awwww, c'mon Jeff! How can you not be deeply moved by such classic lines as "Each year has thirteen Junes"? :D
I'd really like to see the original versions of the latter two series. I've been watching the AnimEigo Macross discs, but music/vocal differences aside, they don't feel much different than what Robotech delivered. Though I should add that most of the concepts are delivered much more clearly in the original.
But I'd love to see the rest of the shows without having their storylines tinkered with. Though Macross is still my favorite -- call me a sucker for Space Operas. Most of my friends were suckers for transforming motorcycles and disagreed with me, but alas...
And now that I've heard the original Macross score, I have to give props to some of the Robotech works. Sure the 'pop' songs stank to high heavens, but some of the themes (both battle and lurve) still kick butt in comparison. I even had to drag out my original vinyl Robotech soundtrack recently. It's too bad they had to put those awful 'Sentinels' tracks on it though. Thank heaven they never got that show off of the ground...

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I have the first season on DVD. I really wanted to pick up seasons 2 and 3, but I can't find them anywhere except on via the internet.

There are special collector's toys that have been out for a month or two and they are awesome. I love that shit.

nate n

Stunt Coordinator
Man Sam,

I'm dying for sentinels to be finished. To my knowledge, it ended after rick and lisa got married. I just finished watching robotech 2: sentinels and it was great. I personally can't stand the robotech masters or mospeada. Anything without rick or minmei is just awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks