Any reviews or thoughts on the new war game Brothers in Arms?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jeff Adams, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I am really looking forward to this one and have it reserved. I can pick it up at anytime but want to make sure it is worth the purchase. This game looks like it was taken right from the mini series Band of Brothers, so I am surprised that there is not more talk about this title since BoB was such a great series. Anyway any info on this title would be much appreciated. And if this helps I am more interested in how it plays on the XBOX system since that is what I have.

2. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I picked this game up yesterday, and I've gone through about 1/3 of it. It's a pretty good tactical shooter, although rather sparse on actual tactics AND shooting. Multiplayer is quite a bit of fun, although the lack of a 2-player coop is rather frustrating...

3. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
  4. Joseph Cooper

I haven't got it yet.

5. Joseph Cooper

Probably should have though.

6. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Yep Joseph, should have. I got into some serious playing time yesterday and it was awesome. One of the best 1st person shooters I have ever played. And I love the whole Band Of Brothers feel to it.

I also like the fact that this is not just a run and gun type of game. You have to bee very tactical. It is about out flanking your enemy. If you just run in shooting at the enemy you get killed pretty quick.
    I also like how you command your squad mates.

All of the gun shots, explosions and effects are top notch. I have a 7.1 set up with dual subs and I feel like I am watching Saving Private Ryan. They are almost that good. The artillery, explosions and larger caliber guns really put my subs to work.

I heard that you can finish this game pretty quick, I hope not as I am having way too much fun playing it.

All in all this is a great tactical game. I would give it about [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 1/4 out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]