Any Reviews on the Hulk TV Box Set?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Sullmeyer, Oct 19, 2003.

1. John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer Second Unit

I haven't seen any as of yet. Just wondering if any are out yet.

2. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Sigh, i check different sites everyday for a review no luck yet. I doubt itll get reviewed till after street date. Anyway, i wouldnt worry, because in another hulk thread on this board someone mentioned ,they got an early copy and its got a great transfer. Cant wait , 1 more day .[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. John Sullmeyer

I'm pretty pumped about this release. My wife, however isn't, as she knows she will be forced to watch some of these with me.

4. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Lol John, do you force her to watch it ?

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

The transfers are beautiful; on par with the pilot episode dvd. I love the look of these 70's TV shows that were shot on film. My only gripe is with the packaging. It's a 6-disc "digipak", like "24", "Friends", "Simpsons", etc., only it has no outer box cover to contain it. It's very flimsy, and once the shrinkwrap has been removed, it doesn't want to stay together. The weight of the discs and plastic disc trays are going to cause some serious wear-and-tear on the cardboard, especially for frequent viewers.
    I can't believe Universal would release a multi-disc set in such cheap packaging. There's no excuse to not include an inexpensive cardboard sleeve to hold the set together. Shame on you, Universal (again)!

6. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Matt , are the discs numbered , like saying on them disc1 disc 2 and so on?

7. John Sullmeyer

Well, since we only have one TV in the apartment, if shes around, she will have to endure.

What woman can say no to Lou Ferigno?

8. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Ok, now i see why she has to watch it.[​IMG]

9. Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson Supporting Actor

As far as I know, Universal didn't send out screeners of this (unless they coincide with the street date)....guess I'll have to shell out for it myself. But oh, it's SO worth it for DARK SIDE alone!! [​IMG]

10. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Most of the boxes used for TV Set stink. I am switching to Ricks covers to use Keep Cases for TNG because the fold out accordian style holder is pure torture. THe Style you are describing seems alot like what they used for Dead Zone, very cheap foldout. The Warner Boxes for Smallville and B5 would'nt be bad if the hubs couldkeep the disks on them , but they don't. The HBO Sopranos box is another cluster. Why can't Studios use multiDisk Keep cases? Fox did this for the 4 disk Planet of the Apes set and it was great. Then they went back to the cardboard

11. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Hmm, judjing by pictures on the net the packaging is similar to saved by the bell set, meaning if you want the set to remain closed on a shelf, make sure its crammed between alot of your other dvds.

12. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

13. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Thanks Chris !

14. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Hmm, starting to wonder if the coupons inside this set, for hulk movie and galactica set are good in stores or mailaway, anyone know ?

15. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

They are mailaway...found out the hard way a couple of hours ago. Opened up Hulk right there at the counter, just to have the words "mail-in" pointed out to me.

That's cool...at least I got Hulk and Galactica! And about a jillion other things...

...now comes the impatient wait for the end of the day, when I can go get Indy from Best Buy and then go home and figure out what the heck I'm gonna watch first! [​IMG]

16. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    So Dave if I buy the Galactica Set (and Hopefully versions from Amazon will have the coupon) can I get $10 off the Hulk Set? I was maybe going to wait till Nov on the Hulk when I can use that 10% off coupon that came in BB Promo CD last Week. I'd love to grab it this week but with Looney Tunes,Homicide, and Sopranos coming out Next Week, Follwed by DS9 Season 6, I'm just getting overwhelmed...

As for what to watch that's another can of worms

17. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

18. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

That indeed is the answer.

There is NOT a coupon inside Galactica to save $10 on Hulk, but you can use the coupon inside Hulk to get a $10 rebate on Galactica, no matter which order you buy the two sets in.

19. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

guess that means i'll be picking up Hulk at CC tomorrow.
    $50 for Hulk and $70 for BG isn't too bad considering the msrps here.

both of these shows seem to suffer from formula to me, in the case of hulk that is even moreso sometimes (how many contrived situations does Banner get into that you can see the hulk out coming a mile away?), but Bixbys gentle performance, and the Fugitive-like change of milleu for each episode makes up for it.

trying to resist adding the Dick Van Dyke sets to an already enormously expensive week.

20. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Last night i watched death in the family, it is a revelation to be able to see it in such a clean print, after watching it over the years in such bad condition in reruns.I hope all the other episodes on this set look this awesome.Only part on that particular episode that showed the source materials age, is 1 scene in the hospital which was very soft and grainy, but can be forgiven since overall this episode was a very clean and sparkling print ![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]