What's new

Any reviews on Heavenly Creatures & Swingers:SE yet? (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I've got to order Heavenly Creatures and Swingers: SE from the U.S. (thanks to the 2 week delay in Canada).

Before I place my order, I'd like to hear some opinions on the transfer of both these releases.

Any sites have a review yet? Anyone on this forum have them and care to share their opinions?

AaronJB

Second Unit
Heavenly Creatures offers a very nice transfer that I was largely pleased by. Some minor flaws occur on occasion (slight edge enhancement at a couple of moments, a speck or two on the print used), but nothing that I thought was distracting.

The cut included on the DVD is a 109 minute version, which apparently adds about 10 minutes.

Haven't seen "Swingers": SE yet, but planning on a review of that next week.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Richard,

Futureshop isn't always up to date with release date changes.

CNL.com has the release day listed as October 8th - and like other Miramx titles being delayed here (Pulp Fiction/Jackie Brown) - it would make sense.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I haven't seen the old version, so I can't compare it, but I have no complaints about the transfer.
But the packaging is misleading...it reads:

The cutting room floor scenes don't exist.
It just footage of I think 5 scenes in the movie from the "dailys" just sort of alternate looks at the scene, the video game scene, for example, doesn't have the inserts of the game footage but its pretty much the same.
And I don't think the outtakes reel exists either.
The documentaries are 16x9 enhanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks