Any reviews of Uprising yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett G, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Brett G

Brett G Stunt Coordinator

I'm interested in this title, but wanted to read some reviews. The press release states it's 16:9. I wonder if this is OAR or matted from the broadcast?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Brett

2. Tim RH

Tim RH Second Unit

I'm interested in the DVD too (I saw the show last month on NBC-TV), but unfortunately I haven't seen any reviews of it yet. [​IMG]

3. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Yes, Brett, I am also interested in this one. I missed it on tv and have read nothing but good reviews. The aspect ratio is 4x3. It will be in dd though!

4. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

The title is anamorphic (1:85 x 1) and fills the screen on a 16 x 9 HD TV. This is one of those made for TV movies that is more enjoyable on DVD because of the increased picture and sound quality. I watched the movie last night and enjoyed it very much. Very good video and audio.

Very solid story based on a true incident showing how bad it must have been to be in Warsaw in 1943. Excellent acting with some very good action scenes showing the destruction of the ghetto part of Warsaw. If you like powerful stories like Platoon, Schnidler's List you will like Uprising.