What's new

Any reviews of Thw Works of Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry & Chris Cunningham? (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I already have a lot of the Spike Jonez videos on D.A.F.T. and Beastie Boys Video Anthology, but I'll buy this anyway.

BTW, are the commentaries on the Beastie Boys videos new, or imported from the Criterion?

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Both new. I just compared them tonight (sampling the first and last few seconds of both "Sabotage" and "Sure Shot").

Anyone else get these yet? I think I'm switching allegiances to the Gondry set...I had forgotten in my previous post that "Lucas With The Lid Off" was also on the set. Even better is the Kylie Minogue video for "Come Into My World". The timing and thought put into the video is just astounding. He seems to like toying with the concept of single shots and that's just right up my alley.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If they keep putting out such great material at such a reasonable price, i'll buy the whole series. Any idea who they plan to do next? Mark Romanek and David Fincher seem like logical choices.

RichSL

Agent
Slightly biased being a Depeche Mode Fan...but i'd love to see Anton Corbijn(also done U2,Rollins Band etc..) get a set of his own.
Stephane Sednaoui would also be a set i'd be very interested in if they decided to do profile his work as a director/photographer etc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks