What's new

Any reviews of the single-disc Lawrence of Arabia? (1 Viewer)

Matt_P

Second Unit
I know this is thread is close to blasphemy, but I'm curious. I have not picked up the 2-disc set yet, and am curious as to the quality of the new one discer. Since Colombia removed all extras/audio tracks except the 5.1 track, more space was clearly made available. I kind of like the idea of being able to watch Lawrence of Arabia uninterrupted (also, since I am a economically-careful college student, the one discer provides an economical alternative--which will be on sale for 11.99 this weekend at Best Buy, I believe). Does the capacity of one DVD make a quality presentation of a film of this length utterly impossible?

I'd like to have the extras, but I'd settle for a quality, uninterrupted OAR presentation of the film at this point, if necessary. Also, since Robert Harris has voiced the fact that this transfer is not the best representation of Lean's original, I don't want to invest too much into it.

Anyone seen this transfer? Is it utterly horrible, or indistinguishable from the previous release?

Anyone know where I can get the 2-disc set at a low price?

Thanks.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I went to DVD-Basen, my usual source for finding DVD reviews and there was one listed. They gave it good marks, but didn't compare it to the 2-disc set.
I also don't have this on DVD. I'm not always the biggest fan of extras. If the quality was comparable, I might go for the single disc version.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
The 2-disc set has dual layer discs. The movie takes up 3 layers, and the extras 1 layer of information. Furthermore, the end of disc 1 is at the film's intermission, so it's an intended break, more or less....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks