What's new

Any reviews of the new Clutch Cargo DVD's? (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Did anyone pick up either volume of the Clutch Cargo season sets released this week, and if so, can you comment on the overall quality of the set? I know these are very inexpensive (around $10 ea), but I'd still like to know if the audio/video presentation is decent. Thanks!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
They sound good to me and look fine. I think maybe a bigger company could have done a better restoration job on the show but I do not know. I have seen clips of this show before and those clips never looked this good but these do not look as good as say Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends or Jonny Quest but they are a little older and much more mistreated in the first place. I have both volumes, each a 3 disc set. Disc 1 is one sided while disc 2 and 3 are flippers. Special Features are awesome and details of those can be found at tvshowsondvd.com , I did enjoy Space Angel. The show itself seems nice, fun and seems intentionally unintentionally funny. I think the Syncro-Vox process was a great way of working around some budget troubles and though the animation is limited the character and stage design seems a step-up from some budget made cartoons and more like a comic strip. Coming in never having seen anything but clips a few months ago, I was well entertained.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sweet! I was concerned that they would be garbage quality wise, but for this price, I'll have to snap these up as a blind buy!

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
They're video sourced and Friendly Head hunters looks a little too hot in the contrast department but other wise Navarre has done a pretty good job with these.

Anyone got the VCI collections for comparison purposes.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
I got each set for just over ten bucks each with my member discount at DVDsoon, but sadly they're still backordered. I plan to post a review when I do get them. Incidentally, DVDverdict reviewed the VCI set this past week:

DVD Verdict review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks