What's new

Any Reviews of The Brady Bunch: Season 4? (1 Viewer)

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

Hey Brain,

I agree. Yes, the DVD transfer was excellent! How about that scene from "The Show Must Go On?" with Bobby and Peter selling the tickets door to door and and the geeky girl where Peter is forced to take her to the movies if her mother will buy the tickets? hahaha! Bobby says, "The tickets are a real bargain." Peter says, "What I just got was no bargain!" hahaha I have asked around several boards and NO ONE can remember that scene from syndication! We estimate that this scene has NOT been seen since the original prime-time run.

As for "Greg Gets Grounded" Mike and Carol talking to Greg in the bedroom IS the tag. It just appears to be syncronized differently for the DVD. BOTH TV Land and syndicated prints have a fade to black between the drive in and the bedroom conversation. TV Land fills in the squares before Greg says his last two-lines at the drive in. (I believe that these were ad-libbed by Barry. At least Hope Sherwood (who played Rachel) says that some of Barry's lines were ad-libbed for that scene.)

It should be noted that this episode does come in at about 24:50. However, this episode has fewer edits than the others by comparison to TV Land's print. Other than a couple of scenes with Peter and Bobby preparing their frogs for the contest, I could not tell what had been added.

The bedroom scene IMHO is a good tag sequence. I really can't remember another tag sequence with the frogs. Such a scene would have made less sense IMHO.

So far, we have "The Teeter Totter Caper." (about 24:30) "Pass The Tabu", (About 24:50) and "Greg Gets Grounded" (about 24:50) coming in at less than 25 minutes on the DVD. "Love and the Older Man" comes in at about 25:12 with the squres cut.

My guess is that there has to be something missing from "The Teeter Totter Caper", but I have no idea what. (Although as this episode was shown New Years Eve Night in 1971, could ABC or Paramount had snipped a line or two cuz of the ball dropping?) I think that is possible, which a poster above had already talked about.

Jack

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Can others please call and write as well? Jack especially...I got WB to correct an error with Roots. One call can make a difference. So, far I haven't been able to get through.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

Sure Scott,

I'll find time to drop them a letter. Do you or anybody have a snail-mail address for Paramount's Video Department? I am just concerned that the one I have above is outdated. What contact menthods/numbers have you (or anybody else) tried.

Not sure, if I will actually get a replacement disk. Unless it's not a big deal. Right now, I am more interested in an explanation.

Jack

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Go to their website for a telephone number. WHen you call, ask for the Customer Complaints department.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,

I wrote a snail-mail letter last night and included my e-mail including all of the DVD edits that we talked about. Like I said, right now, I am looking more for an explanation more than anything else. To be honest, the cuts don't bother me so much as the lack of explanation WHY things were cut. However, I did say that I was happy to report the edits in the event that Paramount would consider replacement disks.

I was going to include a copy of the letter here. But than, everyone would just copy it into their word processing programs and Paramount would think it's a form letter and would be less likely to respond! So I think it might be better if we each wrote our own letters about the edits. IMHO that seems to work better than e-mails or phone calls. But I think we should all include our e-mail address if we choose to write.

Oh, BTW the address is slightly different than the one in Ms. Moran's Brady Mania! book. I addressed it:

Paramount Studios
Home Video Department
555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

Jack

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
A POSSIBLE UNCONFIRMED EDIT ON "THE SUBJECT WAS NOSES."

This may apply to all versions INCLUDING the Season 4 DVD. (Note that a poster had mentioned this to me before on the forum, but I wanted to "throw this out for everyone to respond.)

The scene is the famous one just after Marcia gets hit in the nose with the football. After she says, "Oh my nose!!!" Bobby says, "Marcia, you ok?" Peter says, "We're really sorry." Than ALL VERSIONS cut to Marcia holding an icebag to her face as Mike and Carol talk about taking her to a doctor.

I seem to remember a line where either Peter or Bobby says, "Use your hands to catch the ball. Not your head." It would be back BEFORE the late 80's cuts and I seem to remember it from mid 80's airing from TBS. (We got cable in late 1985.) It would be anytime before the late 80's up to 1986 I would say. TBS/Syndication were known to use the same prints. TV Land used different prints when they got the broadcast rights in June 1998. So, if anyone has a tape of this episode that is old enough, please check and varify for us Brady fans! Thanks!

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks