What's new

any reviews of men in black superbit? (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if the new Men In Black coming out tomorrow is an improvement in picture quality over the previous dvd, but I haven't seen any reviews. Anyone seen any?

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i'm wondering the same thing. i don't have any of the other releases and will pick up both 1 and 2 superbit tomorrow if they are decent.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This is interesting considering the reviewer states that this may be the best looking SB to date. For me A/V quality is number one, and extras come second. If I can find this cheaply enough, i just may investigate.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Neil,

I have done a lot of research on a good price --- 20.34 from DDD is the best..although I will just pick it up from Circuit City tomorrow for 19.99 + tax.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This is interesting considering the reviewer states that this may be the best looking SB to date.
I'm not sure I know how he came to his conclusions. I thought the DVD looked about the same as prior editions. His claim that the transfer's "flawless" is way off base - it definitely includes a number of print defects. The Superbit editions of the sequel and xXx improved upon prior releases, but I didn't see anything better about MIB...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that's interesting, Colin. I always thought MIB would have benefitted because there were a good deal of extras on the previous releases. I was hoping these Superbit would remove the noise I saw in the picture.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
well, i think i'll pick up both MIB and MIIB SB's. since i don't own these titles in any dvd form, can pick them up for $20 each and the PQ will probably be as good if not better, I don't think I have too much to lose.:)

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Of the 4 Superbit titles released today, Bad Boys benefited the most. I can see a tremendous difference be tween the Superbit and the Special Edition version. Men in Black looked slightly better, but not as much as I was hoping it would.

Lee_eel

Second Unit
DaveH, what do you mean by noise. Is that the term for white and black specks on the print?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I always thought MIB would have benefitted because there were a good deal of extras on the previous releases. I was hoping these Superbit would remove the noise I saw in the picture.
Still looked pretty messy to me. Actually, I noticed the source flaws MORE this time than in the past, and I've watched all five DVD versions! Others may disagree, but I honestly thought the SB MIB might have looked WORSE than its predecessors. It was close enough that I didn't make that call in my review, but the SB really didn't do anything for me...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
DaveH, what do you mean by noise.
"Something" was in the picture - It wasn't film grain, and not even too many artifacts. It was something from preventing the picture from being real clear. I noticed this in Spider-man too. (I wasn't referring to black and white specs.)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
like a hazy filter?

most noticeable on XXX.

I know what you mean!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
XXX,

ok...picture is smoother.
sound is definitely different between SB and non, evident in surrounds, and centre channels.

DD vs. DTS in SB - DTS is 'louder' and more pronounced.

SB recommended for sound improvement, and closer to theatrical.

other 'glances' soon. real soon.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Bad Boys,

dunno. looks ok to me. (still dirty).

sound, well my VHS (off LD) still sounds more impressive!

what gives? there's just NO oomph with Bad Boys on DVD - ever!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Men In Black,

looks good. first edition to view on plasma.

sounds pretty good to me. DD and DTS are similar.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Men In Black II,

looks good.

sounds MUCH better in DTS.
the DD mix on this sounds like the original track.

the original edition along with XXX, and Spider-Man did not sound good.

SB recommended for sound improvement, and closer to theatrical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks