Any Reviews of Led Zepplin (2003)??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ShaunB, May 21, 2003.

1. ShaunB

ShaunB Auditioning

I see that it is listed to come out May 27th, has anyone read any reviews on it? I searched and could not find any threads on this release. That worries me.

Thanks

Hoping Hoping Hoping this will be a good release.......

2. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Haven't seen any reviews yet, but the local classic rock station here in San Antonio (home form the summer from A&M) played a live Black Dog off the new CD. It sounded great. Sound quality was phenominal, at least for an FM broadcast (need to hear the CD to make final judgements there), and the energy was awesome. Should be a great combo between teh 3 CD and 2 DVD sets.

3. Heinz W

Heinz W Second Unit

I was thinking the same thing about the lack of reviews. Then it occured to me that this is a 'no brainer' for a LOT of people and it's gonna sell like hotcakes regardless of what any reviews say. I wanted a review for the audio quality mostly since we know the video will be of varying degrees of quality.

Bottom line is I guess most sites feel a review is unnecessary for this title, and I pretty much agree. If they told me it looked and sounded bad I would still buy it being the long time Led-Hed that I am. I'm sure Jimmy wouldn't let that happen though. [​IMG]

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I have seen some print reviews here in the Uk, but none so far online

6. Heinz W

Heinz W Second Unit

7. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I coundn't agree more with the above statment. A local radio station was playing excerpts from this dvd and the sound quality was amazing.

8. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I'm still waiting for reviews of the new "Ziggy Stardust" DVD (ahem... Colin!). :b

9. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

I have been dancing for two weeks now with Atlantic PR over this title. They initially sent a one-disc sampler--obviously insufficient to write a review of the two-disc set. After a week's worth of emails and phone calls (and a bizarre last-minute request to "call our West Coast office"), I finally received a new package.

Inside: another copy of the sampler.
    [​IMG]

This might explain the lack of pre-release reviews.

10. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well for $17.99 I ordered it from DDD should ship soon

11. Wayne McRae

Wayne McRae Stunt Coordinator

www.led-zeppelin.com

This site has some great info on the CD & the DVD. Click on the news and you can watch a 4 minute clip of Kashmir from Knebworth 1979. Everything I have seen and heard about this dual release has me frothing. Video is supposed to be good and the sound quality is supposed to be amazing. Zep in DTS[​IMG] [​IMG] The rumors are flying that Kevin Shirley who worked with Page on the project is going to work on How the West was Won on DVD-audio as well[​IMG]

12. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

They may have spliced different Knebworth performances together. I just watched about a minute of it from the website and I noticed 2 obvious differences from the Knebworth footage I have.

Cant wait!!!!

13. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Man, caught an absolutely scorching live version of Over the Hills and Far Away off HtWWW on KZEP today. This is gonna be a nice double whammy if the rest of the CD and then the DVD live up to what it could be.

14. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

15. Heinz W

Heinz W Second Unit

16. Matt Hetzler

Matt Hetzler Stunt Coordinator

Man, I am psyched about this release. First the Beatles Anthology, now this! Amazing. It's a great DVD year for music fans!!!

17. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

18. Wayne McRae

Wayne McRae Stunt Coordinator

You can go to Atlantic records website and filter to the Zeppelin area. There is a real audio sampler from H.T.W.W.W. including Immigrant Song, Black Dog, The Ocean, Over the Hills and Far Away and Heartbreaker. Sounds great, but the DVD is what I'm dyin to have.

19. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

I just spent a 1/2 hour checking out the set. In a word: WOW! I can't believe how great the picture and sound are!
    Way better than I hoped! The audio is offered in PCM, Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1. The DTS is fantastic! The stereo PCM remaster is also beautiful. The Dolby seemed a little flat in comparison; it just didn't have the detail of the PCM or DTS tracks. The surrounds (in 5.1) are mostly used for crowd noise and ambience.

The outtakes from THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME are great. I sure hope the DVD of the film gets restored to the level of the outtakes from this set.

I'm a little puzzled by Warner's lack of support for DTS on their movies, while most of their music library gets great DTS support. I guess if it's "either or", I'll take DTS for their music releases.

I'll be watching the entire set later tonight. I'm anxious for the CD set next week! Thank you, Warner, for this great set!

20. Heinz W

Heinz W Second Unit

Matt, two things!

1) You lucky bastard!!! [​IMG]

2) Thanks a million for the review! [​IMG] I'm taking off work Tuesday for this... :b

Randy, I'm disappointed but I admire your integrity. I'll just wait til Tues. and see it "properly". [​IMG]