What's new

Any Reviews of Led Zepplin (2003)?? (1 Viewer)

ShaunB

Auditioning
I see that it is listed to come out May 27th, has anyone read any reviews on it? I searched and could not find any threads on this release. That worries me.

Thanks

Hoping Hoping Hoping this will be a good release.......

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Haven't seen any reviews yet, but the local classic rock station here in San Antonio (home form the summer from A&M) played a live Black Dog off the new CD. It sounded great. Sound quality was phenominal, at least for an FM broadcast (need to hear the CD to make final judgements there), and the energy was awesome. Should be a great combo between teh 3 CD and 2 DVD sets.

Heinz W

Second Unit
I was thinking the same thing about the lack of reviews. Then it occured to me that this is a 'no brainer' for a LOT of people and it's gonna sell like hotcakes regardless of what any reviews say. I wanted a review for the audio quality mostly since we know the video will be of varying degrees of quality.

Bottom line is I guess most sites feel a review is unnecessary for this title, and I pretty much agree. If they told me it looked and sounded bad I would still buy it being the long time Led-Hed that I am. I'm sure Jimmy wouldn't let that happen though. :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Bottom line is I guess most sites feel a review is unnecessary for this title, and I pretty much agree.
One could make the same argument for plenty of DVDs. I'd think a review would be important for a lot of people who don't want to buy something that looks or sounds bad - it's a very iffy proposition in this case.

Heinz W

Second Unit
One could make the same argument for plenty of DVDs. I'd think a review would be important for a lot of people who don't want to buy something that looks or sounds bad - it's a very iffy proposition in this case.
I think that with this particular title the vast majority of those buying already know what they are getting. They also know that it won't a HT demo. Fan shot Super 8 is gonna look bad no matter what. If they are just Zeppelin fans but not HT enthusiasts they won't care how it looks as much as how good it sounds. Considering Page's work on the Zep remasters I'm not too concerned about the audio quality.

I believe reviews are more important for films than any music DVD. With music, you either like the artist and buy it or you don't like them and don't buy their CDs/DVDs. Picture quality is also more important (to me) for movies then for music/concerts.

I don't need to see any reviews, I'm just eager for any morsels of info to tide me over til Tuesday! We Zeppelin fans have been waiting decades for this and the last few days are gonna be tough!! ;) :)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

I coundn't agree more with the above statment. A local radio station was playing excerpts from this dvd and the sound quality was amazing.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I have been dancing for two weeks now with Atlantic PR over this title. They initially sent a one-disc sampler--obviously insufficient to write a review of the two-disc set. After a week's worth of emails and phone calls (and a bizarre last-minute request to "call our West Coast office"), I finally received a new package.

Inside: another copy of the sampler.
:angry:

This might explain the lack of pre-release reviews.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
www.led-zeppelin.com

This site has some great info on the CD & the DVD. Click on the news and you can watch a 4 minute clip of Kashmir from Knebworth 1979. Everything I have seen and heard about this dual release has me frothing. Video is supposed to be good and the sound quality is supposed to be amazing. Zep in DTS:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: The rumors are flying that Kevin Shirley who worked with Page on the project is going to work on How the West was Won on DVD-audio as well
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
They may have spliced different Knebworth performances together. I just watched about a minute of it from the website and I noticed 2 obvious differences from the Knebworth footage I have.

Cant wait!!!!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Man, caught an absolutely scorching live version of Over the Hills and Far Away off HtWWW on KZEP today. This is gonna be a nice double whammy if the rest of the CD and then the DVD live up to what it could be.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think that with this particular title the vast majority of those buying already know what they are getting.
Maybe, but I disagree. What with all the apparent publicity push behind this sucker, it'll attract the interest of more casual fans. The die-hards might buy it no matter what, but others won't. Personally, I'd buy it if I knew it looked - or at least SOUNDED - good and included good performances. I like Zep but not enough to go on a blind buy. Perhaps I overstate the importance of reviews, but I can't imagine I'm the only person who'd wait for reviews before they'd buy the Zep title...

Matt Hetzler

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I am psyched about this release. First the Beatles Anthology, now this! Amazing. It's a great DVD year for music fans!!!

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
You can go to Atlantic records website and filter to the Zeppelin area. There is a real audio sampler from H.T.W.W.W. including Immigrant Song, Black Dog, The Ocean, Over the Hills and Far Away and Heartbreaker. Sounds great, but the DVD is what I'm dyin to have.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I just spent a 1/2 hour checking out the set. In a word: WOW! I can't believe how great the picture and sound are!
Way better than I hoped! The audio is offered in PCM, Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1. The DTS is fantastic! The stereo PCM remaster is also beautiful. The Dolby seemed a little flat in comparison; it just didn't have the detail of the PCM or DTS tracks. The surrounds (in 5.1) are mostly used for crowd noise and ambience.

The outtakes from THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME are great. I sure hope the DVD of the film gets restored to the level of the outtakes from this set.

I'm a little puzzled by Warner's lack of support for DTS on their movies, while most of their music library gets great DTS support. I guess if it's "either or", I'll take DTS for their music releases.

I'll be watching the entire set later tonight. I'm anxious for the CD set next week! Thank you, Warner, for this great set!

Heinz W

Second Unit
Matt, two things!

1) You lucky bastard!!! :D

2) Thanks a million for the review! :emoji_thumbsup: I'm taking off work Tuesday for this... :b

Randy, I'm disappointed but I admire your integrity. I'll just wait til Tues. and see it "properly". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks