Any reliable internet seller of Hitachi RPTV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arthur S, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

So far the searches for Hitachi RPTV that I have done have resulted in all full price sellers, and not many of them. Any responses will be appreciated.

Artie

2. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

If you are interested in a refurbished unit, you can
    check www.uecweb.com
    They are "the" authorized seller of refurbed units.

3. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

I bought my Hitachi 61" from unclestereo.com in New York two years ago. Circuit City wanted $3000 and unlce's had it for $2200 + $150 shipping. I was originally going to get the 53" version for $2250 from Cicuit City, but when I saw that from uncles I could get the 61" for the same price as the 53" I went with them. I live in CT and they shipped it in perfect condition. A couple of guys took it off the truck, took it out of the box and set it up in my theater. It had a full 30 return policy from uncles and the Hitachi manufacturers warrenty was still in the box sealed. I used the warrenty service once because after about a month of use I noticed a swirl in the screen, but it was on the back of the screen. You could only see it at the right angle and the right light. Hitachi sent a service man out and they ordered a new screen and replaced it free of charge. My experiene with uncles and Hitachi have been great. I'm not sure how uncles is now, but they were great then. Maybe some else has more recent experience with them.