What's new

Any regret selling an old game? (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
Just curious. I sold Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance about a year ago, and just rebought it today, so obviously I regret letting that one go.

Other games off the top of my head are the Elder Scrolls games, Arena and Daggerfall.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Baldur's Gate, I never had time to learn the battle system so I got rid of it.

I bought and loved Knights of the Old Republic, and I would like to go back and try Baldurs Gate, but it's too late.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I will second Metal Gear Solid: Substance. I sold it with my PS2 and would love to get it again and finish it. I need to get it for the Xbox now.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Usually I do regret selling certain games. Some now though I hold onto no matter what because I know i will regret it later. The biggest, and most expensive, regrets were the SNES Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger. It was rather expensive getting those back. And I NEEDED the originals, not the emulations or the PSOne versions.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I generally resell my games right after I beat them and while they are still fresh. This way you get a great majority of your money back. This way I am able to play the latest and greatest for a very minimal cost.

Most games have no replay value to me once they are beaten.

So, I have only regretted selling off something maybe 5% of the time. These tend to have a terrific replay value. I have repurchased a few things over time, but it's nowhere near excessive.

I just don't like stacking things I will never use again. So, I have a tiny collection.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I actually quit selling games for a long time after some regrets early on. Picked it up again though, since I haven't gone back and played a lot of stuff again recently, and I've been buying a LOT more games. I still regret getting rid of a bunch of NES games though, including Castlequest (always wanted to go back and finish that one), and The Immortal (interesting isometric game that nobody remembers.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I regret that I ever sold my super nintendo and ALL the games I had for it.

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Final Fantasy 3-SNES
Chrono Trigger-SNES
Wild Arms-PS1
Donkey Kong Country 2-SNES
Earthworm Jim-Genesis
Star Fox 64-N64
Reocrd Of Lodoss War-Dreamcast

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads