Any 'red-eye' removal tips for scanned in/digital photographs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TheoGB, Jul 26, 2002.

1. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I have a lot of photos with red-eye and also even with the 'reduction' on, my digi camera will make people look like they're aliens.
    I've used paintshop packages but it never seems quite 'easy' enough to get rid of.
    I just wondered if there were dedicated packages/methods for getting rid of this stuff in a computer, if you're not a 'graphics' sort of guy!!
    Cheers.[​IMG]

2. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit

You mentioned Paint Shop Pro--I would really recommend version 7's red-eye remove tool. All you have to do is drag a circle around the eye and then adjust the color and style until it looks the way you want. I've gotten some good results with it:
    Before
    After

Edit: Arghhh...stupid Geocities doesn't allow direct-linking. I have to host them on my own PC. The links might not work though since my cable's been on and off sporadically.

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Yeah, I have seen this too..... I use a simple and cheap paint shop program (Ulead Express) to take it out with a few simple steps. It is so easy that I haven't looked into any others though.

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Paint Shop Pro essentially changes the 'red' eye for another eye. Sounds weird, but it works well if you tinker with the settings and colours.

PSP is a really good package. It's not Photo Shop, but then it doesn't cost £600 either.

5. DustinC

DustinC Stunt Coordinator

All the Adobe Photo Shops that come with printers (like 2.0, 3.0, etc.) remove the red-eye rather well.

6. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Cheers. I'll take a look at PSP. I didn't really get around to checking all its features last time I had it installed.[​IMG]

7. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

There's always the black eye tool...