Any recommended 36" HD-Ready sets in Black?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren_C, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Darren_C

Darren_C Agent

I'm considering a 36" CRT set to complement my existing setup and stand. The main requirements are:

Black color
    39" wide or less
    $2000 delivered or less

Good picture and flexibility for different formats is preferable. 75% of viewing will be 4:3 TV or VHS, 25% will be DVD 480p. 1080 HD phased in a year or two if either cable company ever delivers...

The Toshiba 36HFX72 and other top models all seem to be only available in silver...

Any alternatives appreciated!

2. Darren_C

Darren_C Agent

None at all, anyone?

Assuming everything is silver now, is the Toshiba 36HFX72 a good choice for a 4:3 HDTV?

Thanks for any responses!

3. KevinFC

KevinFC Stunt Coordinator

The only black HDTV CRT TV available that I know of is the Samsung 30 and 32". But if you have a Ultimate Electronics around you, go there and tell them what you are looking for and your price. If it is out there they will have it.

Kevin

4. Darren_C

Darren_C Agent

Thanks-

If only Samsung made a 36" HDTV set...

I'm reluctant to upgrade my current 32" monitor with another 32" monitor. If I'm going 4:3 I'd rather have 36" so that widescreen movies aren't too small:) I'd go with a projection set, but our room is a bit too small to hold it, and some of the seating positions are at wide angles...