Any recommendations for webcams?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_W, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

Budget is ~$100. Looking for something that has really good image quality. Doesn't necessarily need to excel as a digital camera, just good webcam quality w/microphone.

Thanks in advance!
    Kevin

2. Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo Stunt Coordinator

Well after boatloads of research on what's good and in the same price range you're looking at for myself, I decided on the Logitech QuickCam® Pro 3000. I paid $99 in a local Circuit City, I'm sure it can be had cheaper.
    I'm simply amazed at the quality/color for the price. Mic is built-in and it's USB. Was simple to set up and use. People on the other end always comment "wow what kind of webcam are you using" because the quality is decent.
    I'm at work and it's at home, otherwise I'd fire it up and give you a link to see what it looks like.

3. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

Thanks Dave. In fact I've been looking at the QuickCam 4000. For $84 from buy.com it looked to be a good deal. Problem is that its a relatively newer model and I can't find any decent reviews on it. I assume its simply an upgrade to the well praised 3000?
    Kevin

4. Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo Stunt Coordinator

Looks good.
    If you go here on Logitech's site, you'll see a link at the top right that says Compare. Click that and it compares features of all the cameras. Looks like the difference is the 4000 has a Digital Zoom.
    84 bucks is a good price.[​IMG]