What's new

Any recievers with 3 component video ins v. the standard 2? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Seems like all the consumer recievers I'm pricing only have 2 component video inputs for switching purposes. I would love to find one with 3 in the event that I can get HDTV through the cable company (the other two for DVD/game system). Not looking to spend big bucks, just hoping to find something off the Best Buy/Suckit City racks that "goes to 11"

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
The Lexicon MC-12 prepro has four component video inputs (three RCA and one BNC). 'Doesn't fit your other criteria, though ;)

Bryston has a component video switcher box that is often used with their SP-1.7 prepro. It may be more in your price range...

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
Unfortunatly there are very few recievers with more than 2 component inputs. I wish it were otherwise but what can you do.

There are a number of component video switching options. Personally I just used a cheap mechanical A/V switchbox. It seemed to work well for 480P from my Gamecube and DVD player but I would be a little nervous using one for switching a true HD signal, especially if you have a big TV.

Mark

Mike_Thor

Grip
If I remember right the NAD T762 does have 3 Component inputs running about $1040 from Authorized Dealers. Good luck.

Aaron E. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron E. Willson-Smith
The H/K AVR-8000 has three, if memory serves. However, it is discontinued and only available as B-stock or used. It is a good receiver though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks