What's new

Any recent news on original Star Wars DVD? The reason I ask is because... (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
www.DigitallyObsessed.com states:
"DVD News: LucasFilm provides the news everyone and their Jedi brother has been waiting for: Star Wars Trilogy."
When you click on the link it takes you to a BLANK page.
:angry:
Any other site with information?

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hey Dave,
I don't know what to tell you except that I believe in the rumour about the Trilogy being released in 2005 or 2006 after Episode III comes out.:thumbsdown: Maybe they are just teasing us.:angry:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
David-

You realize of course that we are in April Fool's territory.

Lucasfilm has made it very clear that the "archival edition"

of Episodes IV-VI will not come out until after EPIII is

released.

Mark

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I haven't fallen for one this bad in years! I admit it...good one. I'd like to get my sister's dog on that damn cat! :)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
one coment will lucas give us many choices on how to buy all of the movies. the trillogy, all 6 all together, or individually, which one would you buy

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I keep thinking to myself that the reason the original trilogy won't be relased until after EpIII is because George Lucas wants to modify the original trilogy again to make things more consistent with the newer movies.

I wonder what the possibility is that the lightsaber duels will be modified in the original trilogy for instance, especially EpIV where the duel looks like 2 eighty-year olds fighting each other. Compare this to TPM. Maybe George is uncomfortable with the flow from one movie to the next and the difference in technology in the film-making process etc.

Nick White

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder what the possibility is that the lightsaber duels will be modified in the original trilogy for instance, especially EpIV where the duel looks like 2 eighty-year olds fighting each other.
Well.. they are two eighty-year olds fighting. Probably closer to 60, maybe 70, but you get the point. I think Lucas even commented on it recently ( in the Episode 1 DVD, maybe?). He mentioned how in the Original Trilogy the only lightsaber fights we see are between old men (or kids taught by old men :D).

Jeff J

Grip
I can't wait until I see the announcement that the originals are going to be released.....
on D-VHS!!!
somehow, I can just see that happening.
"I felt a great disturbance in the force, Like millions of voices cried out in terror..."
-jeff

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I can't wait until I see the announcement that the originals are going to be released.....

on D-VHS!!!

somehow, I can just see that happening.

"I felt a great disturbance in the force, Like millions of voices cried out in terror..."

-jeff

(after seeing the high quality of the 1080i HD SW flicks)

"and were suddenly silenced."

Jeff J

Grip
william,

right on. most likely I would be cursing the ol' gl the entire time I was waiting in line...

but, if I had to pick today, I would definitely go for a DVD version. ~450 bucks a pop (with player) is a little steep, even for those movies.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
In the most recent issue of SW Insider, Rick McCallum again reiterated that the original trilogy will not be on DVD before Episode III. Straight from the horse's mouth, and what a foul mouth it is.

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
Do people still believe that George will be putting the un-altered versions out? COme on, we've all seen the quotes that he believes the SE's are the true and only versions.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
People tend to forget. The last time the orginal version came out it was campagined "Last chance to own in their orginal format." Thus leaving us with the speical cgi editions. :thumbsdown:
Personally what I would like to see is the orginal movies brought out and left alone as classics. Then remake 4, 5, & 6 to go with the prequels and that way they fit continutity wise. Because they really don't fit together as it is now. And why won't Lucas admit that Episode 1 was written in a weekend long after Return of the Jedi came out.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Yes, they had a big sticker on the old THX laserdiscs, with big bold type that said "Last chance to own the original version of Star Wars!"
...I'm sure they will get out of that quote by saying 'well, we meant the last chance to own the original version of Star Wars on the LASERDISC format' :laugh:
Personally, I would even like to see Episode 1 on D-VHS, without all that Edge Enhancment, and with a higher bit-rate DD EX mix, or even a DTS mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks