Any Reccomendations on a version of Spirited Away?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jin E, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

My Marantz player will play any regeon but it's NTSC only. Is there a consensus on what would be the best version of this disc? I hear a lot of people bad mouthing the R2-NTSC with it's red tint. Are all version affected with this? I've decided that since the movie never came out in my area I just cannot stand waiting for it any longer! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

Hi Jin-

Well, Region one will be getting an official release on 4/15, so all you need to do is wait a few more weeks and then you won't have to worry about that red tint issue.

Rafael

3. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

4/15 is two months away! Some of us are highly impatient and once we get something on the brain we just cant stop [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].

Anyways... I ususally give my Japanese DVD's to my mom since she's Japanese and is fluent and does not need subtitles... I'll give her my old copy and get the US release for myself!

4. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

The red tint is highly exagerated in the complaints. I have the R2 NTSC and didn't notice any problems. Then again, the movie was so great that I was sucked into it from beginning to end. It's like being on a drug trip without the drugs (Alice in Wonderland)...

Anyhow. If you can wait for the 4/15 release, wait. If not, you can grab the R3-NTSC Korean or perhaps there is an HK R3 somewhere for cheap.

5. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Sick of waiting, I reencoded my r3 HK version myself to remove the red tint... it now looks fantastic!

6. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

I never found the red tint on the Japanese R2 to be distracting. In fact, I kind of liked it as it gave the movie a nice dreamlike atmosphere. I recently bought the French edition, which is sans red tint, and it looked kind of lifeless.