Any reasonably priced remotes with RF capabilities?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Grant B, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I like my sony HD100 remote but it's Door has broken off after being dropped millions of times.
    It is both RF & IR which I like since we use it in other rooms.
    Anyone recommend a replacement remote that'll do the same and not over $100 or so?
    Thanks
    Grant

2. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

I always recommend the URC-9910. I have 4 of them that I use for my remote zones, and for the price, I couldn't be happier.

-Dave

3. KeithMoechnig

KeithMoechnig Stunt Coordinator

Dave, I have a question about that remote. How's the battery life on it? Someone told me the backlighting on all the keys would take up your battery really fast. How many months does the battery last in a 70 degree area?

4. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

The batteries last for months. Sorry, I know that's not real specific. Seeing as I use them only for remote zones and not daily at that I can't really give you a better answer. Let's just say I've never felt like I was replacing them frequently. As far as the backlighting is concerned, it does not come on with every key press. Backlighting is only active after the backlight button is pressed and only for 5 sec after the last key press. It's not an issue in my opinion. Rechargeables are always an option too.

-Dave

5. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Dave

What brand is that?
    Thanks very much
    Grant

6. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

One For All. Google URC-9910 and you'll get a boatload of hits.

7. Kevin_Spradley

Kevin_Spradley Stunt Coordinator

I second the URC-9910 recommendation. I thoroughly enjoy mine. One of the things I love about the remote is the JP1 header already installed in the remote. This allows you to customize to your heart's content.

8. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

ditto the 9910. i have the non-rf version (8811?) and love it. totally customizable, plus the jp1 interface is a slick bonus. the jp1 stuff takes a little while to setup/learn -- but the payoff is totally worth it.