1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Any reason NOT to buy the 34" Toshiba?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Atho, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Atho

Atho Agent

Well i'm finally going to get this TV tonight and just wanted to make sure:

Is there any reason not to get the TV? Anything like cable signals look horrible, or anyone have bad experience with one?

Thanks!

2. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

Looks like a good set to me. I haven't heard one negative comment about it from anyone, other than the fact that you can get more bang for your buck with a rear-projection TV if you want to maximize your screen size.

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    The bang for the buck would be my biggest concern. Especially when the 42H81 can be had for about $500Can(or less) more than the 34" Directview model. If you do decide to get the 34", let us know what you think of it.

4. Robert A. Willis Jr.

Robert A. Willis Jr. Second Unit

I bought one because I have very specific space issues. I had to take time to adjust it, but it is beautiful. I am anxiously awaiting the completion of a tower in my area so that I can tune to OTA broadcasts.

DVD's are gorgeous using S-Video cables. When I get my new player I expect that the component inputs will be even better.

Cable is excellent sometimes and mediocre, which is normal.

I haven't seen a RTP in the same price range that looks as good. It looks much better than the RCA 38" and about the same as the other 34" direct view TV's. I just saw a Loewe (sp?) 38" that is better but cost around $5k.

rw