What's new

Any REAL reviews on the Aimee Mann: Lost in Space SACD ? (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
One is available at MusicTAP.net, and I have to say that it's one of the worst reviews I've ever read. I came away learning absolutely nothing about this release.
LOL, I agree totally Mark.

Brett Rudolph the reviewer needs a bit of practice to put it mildly. Aside from the obvious grammatical errors, half of his article mentions an old Pink Floyd disc :confused: and the feeling he got from opening the wrapper on this disc. In the other half he described only three tracks on the disc in such beautiful statements as "holographic soundstage become almost physical", "timbre is amazing", and the best yet, "soundstaging made me feel as though I was intimately involved with the recording". Brett needs to get out more often or find a woman of some sort.

I too would be interested with some useful reviews on this disc.

J

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
:crazy: There's alot of love on this forum!:D There's alot of love in that review too...:laugh: If you stop and you're really quiet for a moment, you can feel it right here, right now in this vary womb.

The s-w-illy rebue-wer is right about one thing Mo-Fi is getting a very analogue sound on their SACD layers. I haven't aqquired Aimee's SACD yet, but I have the rest of the new Mo-Fi releases, although I haven't listened to STEAMIN' WITH THE MILES DAVIS QUARTET yet. I'm nothing but impressed with the new Mo-Fi!!!:emoji_thumbsup: I'd say if you like Aimee just order the disc. I have little doubt it will beat any previous CD release. I'm gonna get it next time I make an order. Mo-Fi be fly guyz as far as I be concern-inated.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed the price on this at Amazon.com... $29.98 US (about $39 CAD). Damn pricey.

Amazon.ca is a little better on price ($32.99 CAD).

Is this normal pricing for a MoFi SACD?

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The s-w-illy rebue-wer is right about one thing Mo-Fi is getting a very analogue sound on their SACD layers. I haven't aqquired Aimee's SACD yet, but I have the rest of the new Mo-Fi releases, although I haven't listened to STEAMIN' WITH THE MILES DAVIS QUARTET yet. I'm nothing but impressed with the new Mo-Fi!!!
I would have to agree. IMHO the new MoFi is much better sonically than the old one.

Marc, if you like Aimee Mann's album musically, I would take a chance on the Super Audio as they have yet to produce a bad one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks