What's new

Any RCA D40W20 (Dish Network 40" RPTV) owners here? (1 Viewer)

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all. My Dad has the 40" RPTV from Dish Network and it is suddenly dead to the world. It won't power on with his universal remote or at the front panel. At first, I thought it was completely dead, but then discovered that if you hold down the front panel power button for a few seconds, the power light flashes -- first slow and then faster -- but nothing happens.

Does anyone know (or can you test to see) if that is the behavior if you have the front panel controls disabled in the menu options on that TV?

I'm wondering if maybe the universal remote has just lost its memory for this TV and the front panel is locked out in the menu choices. But, I can't scan to find the proper code again because you have to turn the TV ON to do the scan and watch for it to shut off. Does anyone know the 3-digit code that represents the 40" HDTV that Dish sold a while back in their 811 and 921 bundles? I am fairly certain it is actually just a rebranded RCA D40W20.

I no longer have the original remote (I sold the 811 a while back due to lack of HD content on Dish), so I can't just use that, unfortunately.

Thanks for any ideas/tips. If someone could tell me the behavior they get if they disable their front panel access in the menu, then turn the TV off with the remote, then hold down the front panel power button -- so that I can confirm if that might be the problem -- that would be great. Thanks!

- John...

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
When the power light flashes, it is trying to send the tech some kind of code that there is something wrong with the TV.

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
I was afraid that might be it. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know of a service manual for this TV so that I might check to see what it is?

Thanks.

- John...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks