What's new

Any Questions BYU Football? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
This program has been crying about the lack of respect their undefeated season has been given in the BCS championship series. Well, it is only halftime and this so-called elite team is being throttled quite easily by Hawaii.
Now, once and for all, shut up BYU! ;)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Wow, break up the Warriors. Earlier this season they put the final nail in the coffin of Fresno State.

This has been a season where a team has beaten tough opponents and then stumbled when they took a much lesser opponet too lightly.

BYU and Fresno state both have lost out on their claim for a BCS berth by taking lightly rated Hawaii for granted. This assumes that BYU can even pull out this one in the second half.

SalMaglie

Stunt Coordinator
June Jones rises from the dead. of San Diego. Definitely one of the most underrated college coaches of all time. I only hope he gets a job at a name program in the states. Hey, isn't Notre Dame hiring?;)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I only hope he gets a job at a name program in the states. Hey, isn't Notre Dame hiring?
Did I miss something or isn't Hawaii part of the "states".

Sorry, couldn't resists.

Apparently ND is no longer looking, word is the new coach will be George O'Leary from Georgia Tech.

SalMaglie

Stunt Coordinator
States was short for continental states. George O'Leary? Now there's a name that'll strike fear into Michigan and Michigan Stat. :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I just loved the game. All this talk about a lawsuit or an investigation into the BCS.

Sure, I dislike the BCS as much as the next guy, but not as much as I dislike teams who play NOBODY and whine about it when they go undefeated. I was kind of hoping BYU would sneak into a BCS bowl and get their ass handed to them by someone like Colorado...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Well, since Huskers fans seem to think that their team is qualified for the Rose Bowl after giving up 62 points in their final game, isn't BYU even more qualified, since they gave up 10 more points? Such is the logic of the BCS. :)
BYU did win a national title in 1984 while playing a weak schedule, so I guess they figured they were entitled to another.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Great analysis, Scott. I couldn't agree more. The idea of Nebraska playing for the national title is an atrocity. They were smoked by their biggest rival in the Big 12. While we're talking about Nebraska, I don't see Eric Crouch as a Heisman Trophy winner. Yes, he's a great runner, but he isn't much of a quarterback. Crouch winning the Heisman makes sense in one respect. Many Heisman Trophy winners end up being busts in the NFL, if they even get drafted. I don't see Crouch as an NFL star, certainly not at quarterback.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks